Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 551361 times)

How many servers are you currently running, and how many slots do you have (how many slots overall).

Just curious :cookieMonster:

How many servers are you currently running, and how many slots do you have (how many slots overall).

Just curious :cookieMonster:
23 servers, I'm most likely good beyond 50.

23 servers, I'm most likely good beyond 50.
Are the servers run in a home or like in a business office or what?
Kaphost Inc.©:cookieMonster:

Are the servers run in a home or like in a business office or what?
Kaphost Inc.©:cookieMonster:
I think he just bought a server or something and then uses it to host your guys's server.

Or he psychically has one and somehow gets internet from something other than his ISP.

I think he just bought a server or something and then uses it to host your guys's server.

Or he psychically has one and somehow gets internet from something other than his ISP.
Datacenter

Datacenter
I am stupid and have no idea in any sort of Internet Technology other than porting :(.

What is a database?

I am stupid and have no idea in any sort of Internet Technology other than porting :(.

What is a database?
Datacenter is Kaphiter's dedicated server host type.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:52:53 PM by Pass »

What is a database?
He pays for a physical computer in a big warehouse type building, full of computers. The fee you pay monthly pays for the hardware use, internet use, power use, cooling use and space in the facility.

He pays for a physical computer in a big warehouse type building, full of computers. The fee you pay monthly pays for the hardware use, internet use, power use, cooling use and space in the facility.
Holy stuff.

On average, how much money do you have to pay  monthy :O?

Holy stuff.

$99 but a George Washington ain't one

Holy stuff.

Depends on the spec of the server and the quality of the datacenter and network. For example, if you used the provider Kalphiter uses, you get a low quality datacenter on second rate hardware, hooked up to a slow, poorly connected network and you'd pay like $99 a month for that. The same hardware in a good quality datacenter would set you back something like $300 a month.

Depends on the spec of the server and the quality of the datacenter and network. For example, if you used the provider Kalphiter uses, you get a low quality datacenter on second rate hardware, hooked up to a slow, poorly connected network and you'd pay like $99 a month for that. The same hardware in a good quality datacenter would set you back something like $300 a month.
Or, you just pay too much for your stuff like Rub.

i knew you'd find some way to insult the service lol