Author Topic: [EoB] Escapees of Blockland  (Read 12066 times)

Escapees of Blockland

Introduction

Calling all eventers, builders, and challenge-maker...people: This is a relatively new clan named Escapees of Blockland. This clan is meant for challenges, mainly of the escape-the-room (or house,dungeon, jail, ect.) genre. I am not looking for and incredibly highly talented builders, Just people who know the basics of wrench events and how to build without spamming. Again: This clan is not for DM's, TDM's, CTF's, KotH's, ect. Just escape games and challenges.

New: Clan forum

The clan forum is here, for members only. Once you are accepted as a member, register here so we can accept you.

Link: http://eob.myfreeforum.org/

How to apply
          - PM me or any of the branch leaders when you have your app ready to set up a time you can show it, -OR-
          - Post it here or in the gallery, -OR-
          - Build it on the Clan server.

Application Guidelines
          - Apps can vary in size, We're not very particular about that.
          - Apps must have an original story behind them- it can be short, but it has to be original.
          - Show creativity in your build!
          - No stealing ideas from others without their consent.
          - You may have up to 2 other players help you with your app, but only if you're applying together.
          - After applying, if your build gets rejected, you cannot apply again within the course of two weeks.

Member rules & privileges
          - Only trusted friends, hosts, or heads get admin or super admin.
          - Don't be a jerk to another member or non member, unless they are in the blacklist >:)
          - No banning or kicking without my consent.
          - Build 'thieves' will be kicked out of the clan.
          - Free rule over the server other than that (under me & Super Admins).

Other things
          - constructive criticism only please!
          - feel free to discuss flash escape games and ideas,that's what this clan is all about!
          - PM me any questions or comments! I hope to see this clan grow even more![/center]

Clan Tags

Clan Tags are EscB and then Branch.
              ExEscBTreynolds416Evt.
              Note: The clan is still EoB, I had to change the tags because Etiquette of Blockland got to them first :(

Clan Branches

There are six different branches:

1. Admissions - [Adm.]
     2. Eventing - [Evt.]
     3. Filming/Acting - [Flm.]
     4. Scripting, Mods, and Modeling - [Mod.]
     5. Building - [Bld.]
     6. Training - [Trn.]

Each branch has one leader to specifically control that branch, called the head. A branch consists of the head and a certain number of minor players. Either you are a minor or a head, there are no different rankings other than those.

New branch: Training

- We are accepting trainees to mentor and teach how to build and event well, even possibly film or script (depending on if they are interested in either).We will accept no more than five trainees at a time, and this may change later on. They will be in the same office as their mentors until they either A) Quit or get kicked out of the clan, B) Apply to join and fail, or C) Apply and Make it in. If an apprentice applies and is approved, He will have his own office on the floor of the Branch that he applied for, and be treated as a regular member.

Applications

-EoB is currently accepting applications for all branches.

Clan

Head Officer/Founder:

-Head: Shard    ID: 3977

Admissions:

-Metakirby4   ID: 20365

Eventing:

-Head: Treynolds416    ID: 4283

Filming:

-Head: Raiden    ID: 3674
               -Solid Snake    ID: 3680

Scripting/Modeling

-Empty

Building:

-Head:Block Maniac   ID: 4307

Trainees:

-Garfield   ID: 5673 (Being trained by Block Maniac)

Server

Main Host: Treynolds416

Secondary Host: Raiden(Known as Hellriot on forums)

Clan Projects

Clan Projects
Gallery thread can be found here

-Our first clan project is the EoB office building (HQ). Pics are on the gallery thread.
               -Progress:    95%

-Space Station. No pictures yet, It is still a WIP
               -Progress:    70%

-Secret Clan Promo Movie. Shhhhh, It's a secret! In the ideas stage still...
               -Progress:    25%
               -Trailer:    65%

Upcoming Events

-Filming for the Clan promo trailer, date and times to be determined.

Blacklist

-Block Maniac   ID:4307:
           -Reason: Failed to listen to those above him, acted like a moron during an interview with another member
          -Blockland 101   ID:19437
               -Reason: Applied multiple times after not being accepted, acted like an idiot, and did not listen to anyone when they told him to stop.
                   -Bottom line: MORON.

-0Blanzer0    ID: 18715
               -Reason: He came to this server, used one of his event favs instead of working on a real app that showed time and effort, tried to convince Treynolds that rapidfire wasn't a mod, then attempted to cuss him out.
                    -His clan tags read GBLD, Treynolds thinks he's an imposter.

Pending Applications

-Conan    ID: 4928
               -Applying for Building

-Zetapher Elite    ID: 9616
               -Applying for Building

-Sponge    ID: 6###
               -Still making
               -Applying for General Modification

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:35:18 PM by Shard »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:59:03 PM by blockland101 »

-snip-

I think it looks pretty decent, but if you were to come to one of our servers, and build that again, please use bigger bricks to reduce spam. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Well Blockland101, your builds are getting better... But I don't think that its EoB material just yet... The color scheme is pretty horrible.

The good: I like the design of the television (although it is tiny and spammy, I like the creativity involved in making it). I like the fact that the house is not a big square, but is rounded in some parts. I like the windows and how the weapons are upright on those stools.

The bad: Way too spammy. Try using at least tall single bricks for you rounded walls instead of 1X1's. The sink is too large up top, and there isn't a whole lot to the house itself, really.

I vote no. Want to know why(besides what I just said about his house)? Well first well start with the fact that this is his fourth attempt in six days after being told repeatedly to stop applying because his building skills were too poor as it stands. Secondly, his spelling and grammar are so poor they are hard to understand almost 100% of the time. Look at all his posts on the old EoB topic and on this one. It's actually kind of sad. Thirdly, take a look at his profile. His age is 10 (very young), his location is (and I quote) 'I'm liveing in your car (with a ratted g movie)' and his signature (what I understand of it) is about a witch chasing him and he tells her he has to take a crap. Seriously, why?! So, with all that in mind, would you really want him in our clan? I'm getting tired of telling him to stop. I'm considering blacklisting if he continues applying.

I had an idea for getting builders into the clan. Perhaps taking in some people as trainees who have little building skill, teach them a few new ways of building, and the people can make an app on their own. If they seemed to improve, they can apply for the clan.

Just a suggestion.

I had an idea for getting builders into the clan. Perhaps taking in some people as trainees who have little building skill, teach them a few new ways of building, and the people can make an app on their own. If they seemed to improve, they can apply for the clan.

Just a suggestion.

Great idea hellriot- the only trouble will be finding decent newbies! I know of one player we could take in and teach the ways of the..uh...good...builder...pe ople? ;D His name is slayerz99, he goes to my school and he just joined a few weeks ago. His building skills are pretty poor and he's pretty good with people, so i think he may be someone who we could 'mentor'. I'll ask him what he thinks tomorrow. I should probably ask treynolds what he thinks of the idea as well. Thanks for the idea- I never thought of doing that.

I have a friend too whom needs training. He's still in the "box building" area, but he can come up with some good ideas. Just needs to peep more builds, and he'd be building good in no time.

Also...

What was the purpose of this???? O.o

Hey that's great-I hope we can have several in (probably no more than 5 at a time, maybe less).

I was wondering that same thing!

Bored :cookieMonster:

Also,
Did anyone else notice the RPG sticking out of the wall in the first pic?

I didn't notice it until now lol he also left a ghost brick floating in mid-air above the house XD

Will app. For Building.

Basically, builds that you have to think through to escape, right?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:40:13 PM by Conan »