Author Topic: TomTheGeek's FS2004/X Server  (Read 10006 times)

Watch it live:

About

This is TomTheGeek's Flight Simulator 2004 server, where you can just fly around. It's actually quite fun, as you can see from the header above, that is Tom and I flying our F-22 Raptors :)

Requirements

- Flight Simulator 2004: A Century Of Flight

- A decent internet connection

- an IQ of over 2

Rules

There are really no rules to the flight, it's not some stupid world tour, it's just a free flight. You are welcome to use any aircaft you want, even if it's an addon, but if we don't have it we will just see you flying a super-fast barrel rolling Cessna plane instead of an F16.

Although, I may be doing ATC for Chicago/Midway at one point, so before landing/taking off you might want to contact ATC.

Locations

The main airfield that we are going to be at is Chicago/Midway, Chicago, Illinois (KMDW)

Joining

Just go to the "Multiplayer" button on the FS2004 main menu, then hit connect, and type in this IP adress:

Then hit search. Tom's server should pop up, just join (and remember to name yourself in the tab next to the IP bar.

*New!* FS9 Mods

Here are some incredibly good aircraft, visual effects and scenery setups that you may want.

1. ENBSeries Plugin

This is a MUST HAVE. Seriously, your game will look like stuff without it. This small plugin may cause an  extremely small FPS decrease, but when I  tested it I had no slower speed. It runs quite well.

Example: (Click on pictures for fullscreen).

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dddzydbgbdn

2. FSHost and FSSpy

Useful for connecting to multiplayer severs on FS2004. This also allows you to connect to FSX servers with FS2004.

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

FSX Capability

Tom's server is now capable of having a client from FS9 or FSX connecting at the same time. If you wish to, you can connect with FSX, but expect some aircraft to be buggy due to the differences in aircraft lists.

Anyway.

If you have the game or not, get goin'.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:09:16 PM by MackTheHunter »

Howmuch duz gaem costttt

Livestream blinking glitch has been fixed.

I need to find this game. Does it work on Vista?

DOUBLE NINJA: It works on Vista. I just need to loan the disk from my dad's co-workers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:00:45 PM by Comatose »

I need to find this game. Does it work on Vista?

NINJA: Don't have it, still don't know if it works on Vista. I asked my dad to ask the guys he works with at the airport if they have it. I wish I could play FSX with you guys.

Again, FSX sucks.

2004 works on Vista.

This is awesome, I pass the recommended system requirements. That means all I need is the disk.

This is awesome, I pass the recommended system requirements. That means all I need is the disk.

I hope you got a joystick, this game needs it. No mouse to joystick option, unless your gonna do it the hacky way like I used to do.

Server will go up as soon as I get home, 15:00 CST.

Wish I could join you guys.
But the only version of FS I have is 95/98.

Wish I could join you guys.
But the only version of FS I have is 95/98.

First Flightsim I ever played <3

I'm getting Cachya Headtracking setup. That shall be much fun.

My only joystick only works on computers from '00 and below. :(

IT'S STARSCREAM!

:)

Every time I fly the Raptor around large cities, I always get the Transformers theme stuck in my head...

dun dun DUN dun dun DUN dun DUN...

My only joystick only works on computers from '00 and below. :(

:C!

Get a Logitech Attack 3. Best spring tension on a joystick, for around $15. I have it but it lacks a large enough throttle system. Tom just got one, and he's in love with FS2004 again :)

(Click for fullscreen)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:18:24 PM by MackTheHunter »

It is seriously, the best joystick I've used so far.

This is the joystick I have: The Saitek Aviator (Or, AV8OR for cigarettes).

I don't really like the spring tension on it, it's a little flakey and has a deadzone. But it also has a large throttle system, so I'm good with that.

This is what I'm getting on Friday:

:O
You are to joysticks as I am to step sequencers.