Author Topic: Blockland Weapon Buy System  (Read 39559 times)

Just needs a GunGame mode and a bomb planting mode. :D
I was actually planning on creating two gamemodes to be made along side with this, one being Hostage and the other being C4.

Can tier tactical be implemented into this :o?
Looks really cool.

Edit: What about sections when it comes to weapons?

Like sort by author kind of thing.

Bushidos weapons here

CS:S weapons here

Other

Something of that sort would be cool kinda like RTB's Addon group system where you could name them and make groups of weapons.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:31:47 PM by Kevin »

Can tier tactical be implemented into this :o?
What about sections when it comes to weapons?
It can be. I might do all these suggestions about having custom weapons easily implemented into this once I make this mod work 100% correctly.

I suggest using an event to turn bricks into the buying brick. Which might be even better if there is an event that checks for the clients team if they are in a minigame.

:cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:19:32 PM by MonkeyMeat »

I suggest using an event to turn bricks into the buying brick. Which might be even better if there is an event that checks for the clients team if they are in a minigame.

Why not just have a keybind for the gui, and maybe some buying bricks that you need to be on to open it.

Why not just have a keybind for the gui, and maybe some buying bricks that you need to be on to open it.
I think he meant this, but didn't know how to say it exactly? Currently it's this way, and I'm going to keep it this way, obviously.

Very nice, can't wait!

Update: At the moment I'm trying to get the Teamed Zones to work, but I can't seem to add a variable to bricks. Whenever I try and add one the variable just becomes lost and forgotten.
Code: [Select]
datablock fxDTSBrickData(brickWBuyZoneTeam2Data : brick32x32fData)
{
brickFile = "base/data/Bricks/Baseplates/32x32F.blb";
category = "Special";
subCategory = "Weapon Buy";
uiName = "Buy Zone T2";
iconName = "Add-Ons/Client_WeaponBuy/BrickIcon/32x32BuyZone";
alwaysShowWireFrame = false;
isTeamed2 = true; //This variable just becomes lost and will equal '-1'
};
Nevermind, I was trying to echo the wrong value. Now I just need to get some other stuff to work.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:46:00 PM by HellsHero »

You should make smaller ones too than just a 32x32, if you haven't already.

You should make smaller ones too than just a 32x32, if you haven't already.
I'm going to once I get the teamed ones working properly.

Update:
Finished one feature, Team Zones.
-Teamed buy zones. (Only members from team # can buy on their team spawn)
Now I'm moving on to the double/triple kills giving you more money, almost done the main features!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:43:28 PM by HellsHero »

How did you learn torque scripting?

How did you learn torque scripting?
I started learning the day I got blockland actually. (Around the end of v7) What I did was look inside scripts and I read them. I read every script I could get my hands on. I just kept reading the same one over and over until I fully understood it. And then I started writing my own, the first one being a script to give you a wrench when you typed /Wrench.

EDIT: I also read the attached file.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:17:00 PM by HellsHero »

/endlifestory

If the Simple weapons pack ever gets finished you should include those...

They seem intresting, design wise.

Or you can just make a huge CS:S pack whichever.

Wish I could help but I can barely script unique weapons without asking 1500 people..

Wish I could help but I can barely script unique weapons without asking 1500 people..
I'm actually having someone do the weapon scripting for me, Tc572. Since he bought all the models the scripts would use.