Poll

What should we make our next pack?

HL2 weapons
Modern Warefare 2 Weps
Bad Company
Anything, I don't care
L4D2 Melee weapons
Go away forever.

Author Topic: L4D2 Weaponset (By Yndaaa, and me) - UPDATE 4-28  (Read 202839 times)

Kill all suns a bitches *Click-click* That's mah official instructions...

Welcome to the one and only L4D2 blockland weapon pack, This took two weeks in the making but, the now finished pack contains all of your favorite weapons from l4d2 (Minus the melees and m79)

Weapons:
  • Pump Shotgun (Renamed Hunting Shotgun)
  • Chrome Shotgun
  • SMG (Renamed the UZI)
  • SMG - Silenced (Renamed the Mac10)
  • Auto shotgun
  • SPAS-12
  • Rifle (Renamed the M16)
  • Desert Rifle (Renamed the FN-SCAR)
  • AK47
  • Hunting Rifle
  • Military Sniper
  • Pistol (Renamed the P200)
  • Dual Handguns (Second handgun is called the Glock)
  • Deagle

Credits:
Rykuta - Script
Yndaaa - Models
Rookie - Sound fixes
-Indirect- (People who didn't directly participate in the creation of the pack, but were helpful anyways)

Bushido - Base code for the weapons
Space guy - Support_AmmoGuns

Each weapon includes reload animations and hands on each of them, However when you go to pick up the weapon, you will find that it DOES NOT have hands on it until AFTER you pick it up.

If you feel the sounds are too loud let me know, I can dim them down a bit (I already did that a few times))

Only 1 issue occurred, and that is with the Dual pistols, these cannot be manually reloaded, but will still automatically reload when they run out of ammo, I'm still working on fixing this, but it is only a minor inconvenience, if you have any ideas on how I can do that, tell me right away so I can fix them. I also suggest you don't start a minigame with it as a default weapon, that occasionally causes a weird glitch where it has to reload right off the bat.

Weapons In action
(Courtesy of Burple for video)
The video contains proto-weapon stages, the current weapons have modifications from these, but still look the same.

Download Here!
Alternate download!
Each download requires you to open the .zip file and copy and paste the smaller .zips inside of the large .zip that you just downloaded into the add-ons foulder.

Now go grab your friends and kick some serious zombie ass.

UPDATES:
1.01 - Fixed P200 overwriting tier tactical.
1.1 - Sounds were made monotone thanks to Yogurt Man, and the Military sniper was renamed Military rifle.

Q & A

Q: The weaponset isn't working! What do I do?
A: Chances are you didn't follow the instructions for downloading, either that or you have add-ons that may interfere with other add-ons.

Q: One of the weapons isn't showing up on the list, or doesn't appear in the spawn list! What happened!
A: Please stop PMing me about this, I understand there is a problem, I just can't seem to figure out why. Aparently 1/10 people who download these have this problem. But I can't seem to isolate any cause other than the persons computer. Or they DL'd it wrong. Since my weapons are working just fine. If you are experienceing problems such as these, don't panic, experiment with different add-ons, or redownload the pack, or blockland. If this doesn't fix the problem, I'll be updating the pack eventually, The next update will have it repackaged, so this might fix it.

Q: Why don't the dual handguns reload when I press L?
A: They aren't designed to. The fact that they even reaload at all was more luck than anything else. The way Support_AmmoGuns is set up, is that it allows the weapon the player is holding to have ammo for that weapon, and then when the ammo runs out. It reloads. The code seems to not have been designed for akimbo weapons.

Q: But bushido's dual pistols can reload, why is that?
A: The way he set his weaponsets reload system up, is through a series of Player movements in order to simulate reloading. Since this is the case, the second gun never has to reload, or do anything other than sit tight while the first gun reloads. (Which is what my weapon does if I enable manual reloading). In the future I hope to correct this problem.

Q: I've been hearing rumors about a v2.0 of this set. What can I expect?
A: Modified recoil codes, the guns will have much more realistic recoil. I'm also going to be modifying the automatic shotguns, and snipers, to add a "pistol fire" as Space Guy had explained to me. The weapons will also (hopefully) have wall peircing and damage modifications per shot. I might also repackage them into one .zip file, to make it easier on newbs to DL.

I've decided to move the special ammo types to V3, since I have too much work to do already with these. I'll also be adding 2 new items to the mix, Incenerary ammo box, and Explosive ammo box. These when picked up will allow your primary weapon (The early versions of this will probably require Space guy's L4D player type).

---

"There appears to be a war going on between Rykuta's weaponset, and tier tactical. And all the other weapons are just like *Damn...*" - PressMe

Q: Did you steal the Tier+tactical code for these?
A: Credit is given, therefore I could not have stolen them.

Q: Did you use code from Tier+tactical?
A: Only what was nessisary to make the weaponset work nicely. It was more of a matter of being lazy then anything else. I needed these weapons to do certian things, and I didn't feel like writing a code to do something that someone else had already done.

Q: Do you take credit for those parts?
A: No, I take no credit for parts Bushido or Space Guy made.

Q: Did you ask them if you could use their code?
A: No.

Q: Why didn't you ask them to use the codes?
A: To me,  asking them would be like asking Badspot if I could use his gun script to make other guns. It never occured to me that anyone would care, it was probably poor planning on my part.

Q: Why does your credits say "Yndaaa and me" even though you used code from Bushido/Space Guy?
A: Because, although I used some code from other add-ons, they had no active  participation in the creation of the weaponset. If you made a gun, would you say "By me and Badspot?" I would think not. They are still credited for them in the actual post however.

Q: When does the V2.0 come out
A: Whenever I get off my lazy bum and decide to actually improve on the weapons.

Feel free to PM me any other questions you may have about this weaponset. I would be happy to answer them as best I can.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:48:21 PM by Rykuta »

looks great
cant wait to do more projects with you

You finally posted it!
You should post the link to your M79 for all the Left 4 Dead Fans.

and don't forget that the passing DLC was just released great timing

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Seriously.

Which bit of the script did you make? I only see my ammo script and weapon states copy-pasted from Bushido's Tier+Tactical guns, as well as his shotgun concussion blast.

You can't manually reload the handguns because you turned that ability off. If you actually knew how to use the script you may have been able to avoid this.

The sounds are too loud because you left the stereo channel on them which is broken in Blockland.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:37:56 PM by Space Guy »

FFFFFFFF-
Yndaaa beat me to it. 2ND post :3
Sweet man,
Now only one thing is missing.
L4D2 Decals, Really, someone needs to get on that.
ANYWAYS: Dude, epic. nononoonon, UBEREPIC :D
OSHT Gawd damnnit

FFFFFFFF-
Yndaaa beat me to it. 2ND post :3
Sweet man,
Now only one thing is missing.
L4D2 Decals, Really, someone needs to get on that.
ANYWAYS: Dude, epic. nononoonon, UBEREPIC :D
OSHT Gawd damnnit

ive been sitting here refreshing for the last 6 minutes, waiting

Which bit of the script did you make? I only see my ammo script and weapon states copy-pasted from Bushido's Tier+Tactical guns, as well as his shotgun concussion blast.
First off, Shotgun concussion last is a genius idea, and I take no credit for it. Second, It's not that hard to write similar gun scripts, but I did use it as an example, and for that, I would like to thank him for creation.

Besides, from what I've learned, once a script is out, the code can be used by whoever and however they want. If that pisses anyone off well then, tell me one case where it isn't true.

Either way, The models are what makes this epic, don't mind me and my pathetic attempts to make scripts. I'm just a lowly coder, nothing more, nothing less.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. HAX!!!

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. Holy Jesus.

Why the heck hasn't Bushido Released his Left 4 Dead 2 Melee Weapons yet?

Why the heck hasn't Bushido Released his Left 4 Dead 2 Melee Weapons yet?
Cause he doesn't want to?

Thank you, i can use the Ak47 for my Vietnam TDM, and the M16

Epic now all we need is the safe house door , Katina , chainsaw, police batton , and frying pan :D

These
ARe
Win.

And i just got 3 more replies beforeme