Author Topic: Accused for hacking at school.  (Read 61462 times)

I have just below the power of the school administrators at my school at the moment. :D I can shut down ANY or ALL of the computers in the entire district remotely from my school computer. I love hacking. (just remember to cover your tracks)

Lie detected.

Lie detected.
I'm not kidding. I can open up winchat.exe, to easily see any computer in our district. I can then use that computer name in the shutdown command (or in a script I made that will do them all) to shutdown any computer.

my school blocked google images, but little do they know google.co.uk is the exact same thing.

My school just barely blocked ip addresses. Before we could use them to get to any website.

I'm not kidding. I can open up winchat.exe, to easily see any computer in our district. I can then use that computer name in the shutdown command (or in a script I made that will do them all) to shutdown any computer.

I somehow find this difficult to believe. I know you can do that with Windows Chat, but I'm doubting the fact that you have authorization to do that.

The remote shutdown service shouldn't work unless the school specifically installed some software to make it work again and I doubt they would leave it open.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:47:26 PM by Wedge »

The remote shutdown service shouldn't work unless the school specifically installed some software to make it work again and I doubt they would leave it open.

My thoughts exactly.

I got suspended at school once for "hacking."
I was playing loving Halo on the computer. Wtf.

That's not hard at all, Just save a text document on a shared network drive.

I didn't say it was hard.  I said it was "really cool" because at the time it was the only way you could talk to other classrooms over the network.

Old people are often extremely sensitive about what kids do on computers, considering they know more then them and they somehow have the thought that they'll hack and take over the world or something.

Here's what happened to me:

I once showed my friend how to easily access computers through the school's network. However, in an entirely different class, a different guy was "cleaning up" the desktop. So he decided to move everything into the trash to keep it organized. A friend of mine emptied the trash. However, I was somehow brought into this when the principal caught hold of how I taught my friend to access the network. So she went super paranoid and threatened to permanently ban me from computers for the rest of the year because I might of "hacked" onto that computer and deleted the stuff. Which I didn't.

Funny having a tech teacher that can't use a computer properly thinks like her. She also gets mad whenever I point out what she's doing wrong.

Sucks, eh?

Playing games on a school computer is pretty stupid anyway. I almost got suspended when my tech teacher saw me play a downloaded game.

I somehow find this difficult to believe. I know you can do that with Windows Chat, but I'm doubting the fact that you have authorization to do that.
My school administration is handicapped. They think everyone at my school is stupid (they're almost right) and can't use a computer.

I don't know how I could ever prove it to you, but everything I said is true. I've shut down my teacher's computer remotely before when he was finishing something he had been working on for ~45 minutes. :D

My school administration is handicapped. They think everyone at my school is stupid (they're almost right) and can't use a computer.

I don't know how I could ever prove it to you, but everything I said is true. I've shut down my teacher's computer remotely before when he was finishing something he had been working on for ~45 minutes. :D

Screenshot bro.

Playing games on a school computer is pretty stupid anyway. I almost got suspended when my tech teacher saw me play a downloaded game.
No, my Comp. Teacher actually lets us play CD games on the computer when we finish our work early.
So I decided to bring my Halo disc. We just happened to have sub on that day. She watched me play it for 5 seconds and then yelled me down to the office. Next thing I know, I get suspended for 3 days because I was "hacking"

I got kicked off the computer for playing a fake halo game on a website that was approved by the school web blocker.
I've gone on far worse sites, mainly because I can bypass the filter usually by searching the website on Google.
Anyone heard of the Reasonably Clever site? That was the site I got on.

I've shut down my teacher's computer remotely before when he was finishing something he had been working on for ~45 minutes. :D
Thats rude.