Author Topic: Blockland...  (Read 9704 times)

I have yet to find a game that struck such a chord in me

You set too high standards for building games.

They're as fun as you are creative.

The golden age died some time back probably after v10 and before v12

Those were the days, back in 2008. It just wouldnt be the same now but godamn I had a blast, I have yet to find a game that struck such a chord in me
The novelty wore off. It's still an amazing game.

I liked blockland better back in v.9 - v.12 Becase thats when we didn't have that many keybinds. I hate new stuff. >:(

I liked blockland better back in v.9 - v.12 Becase thats when we didn't have that many keybinds. I hate new stuff. >:(
The only new keybinds I am aware of are from add-ons. Stop being stupid.

throughout my 1 year (and growing) career of the Blockland community, i have realized many times now that this game and the community itself is probably the best 1 year experience of my life.

i love this community and its members, well some of them.

There was never a golden age. Stop acting like your a veteran and relize the game has improved and the community has grown better in some aspects.

It was just a smaller better game back then, a lot of the addons had great quality,  sure there is a lot of quantity now, but whatever.

I cant argue that building is better now, good physics, ill give you that.

The more members thing is a tossup, there are more people willing to contribute but also more young children and one of the reasons I said I liked blockland before is it was smaller and I knew a lot of the community.

This is just my opinion, I liked it better before.

1. Events are default and good.
2. More servers. Even though some suck, more servers = more good ones.
3. More bricks.
4. RTB.
5. More weapons.
6. More people = more cool people and friends.
7. Since the game has lasted longer, early friendships have been longer, and consequently, better.
8. General building skills have improved.
You have put it perfectly.

There are about 3 cons off the top of my head, but opposed to 8, bah.

There was never a golden age. Stop acting like your a veteran and relize the game has improved and the community has grown better in some aspects.
Its fun to be creative on naming some ages.

Don't be a richard.

You have put it perfectly.

There are about 3 cons off the top of my head, but opposed to 8, bah.
Well, maybe not general building skills. But the ceiling has certainly raised.

Ages are fun in games. That means they have been good games.

Well, maybe not general building skills. But the ceiling has certainly raised.
I was thinking more along the lines of the idiots that come with more people

suck your own richard, Blockland is better now. Back then add-ons were hard as stuff to install and the builds for the most part weren't that amazing.

Whats with your hostility? To be honest, I enjoyed browsing the forums to find add-ons to install, to read feedback from the other players if it was good or not and the whole "no pic, no click fad" sure there have been many improvements but I keep stressing is I enjoyed it back then, just like probably some of you and cartoons (im guessing) you would find the older ones better, regardless if they were outdated and not as "new"

I guess this is just my nostalgia, but damn I miss that one Dog fight server. It might still be up but I remember rushing home to play it.

suck your own richard, Blockland is better now. Back then add-ons were hard as stuff to install and the builds for the most part weren't that amazing.
You said that 2 times now.
You do realise that is impossible unless your richard is 30"" right?

You said that 2 times now.
You do realise that is impossible unless your richard is 30"" right?
Oh no! An insult doesn't have a literal meaning! What! How could this be!

Oh no! An insult doesn't have a literal meaning! What! How could this be!
Well you could also try to respect an opinion for once.
Not just saying: Now goe suck yur own richard.