Author Topic: GUI Replacer  (Read 51924 times)

About
Got tired of the current GUI Hud? Don't want to replace them because you risk to loose the default one? Then this add-on is for you! You only have to download, run through the first install and you're ready for launch. The replacement is just one click away.
GUI Replacer consist of these features:
  • Replacement of GUI - Replace any GUI you would like without restarting the game. This provides a security that replaces and backups with ease. Don't mind how you'll do it, just press one button and watch the magic.
  • Backup of default GUI - Be safe with the GUI you already have, because it will backup it first things do, giving you the security of not loosing it.
  • Online services - Simply browse the current GUIs the API services provides. Check the screenshot over the GUI, download and use at once. You can also upload your own created GUI if you like, spreading it to the Blockland community.
  • Auto-Updater - No need to check when a new update has arrived. Just start Blockland and accept the update.

GUI Replacer Website

Screenshots

Pictures are old

Special thanks
Demian(10334) - Betatesting. Hosting site and some graphics.
Nasa62(5621) - Animated image.

Download
GUI Replacer v1.5a

Installing
Put System_GuiReplacer.zip in your Add-Ons folder, normally located in "C:/Users/YourName/My Documents/Blockland". The first start will backup your current GUI and if it goes wrong, it tells you so.
IMPORTANT!
This mod has only been tested in Windows. For best results, either run as an administrator or be sure that your Blockland folder is in a folder you have permission for.
For Mac, if RTB works for you this mod should as well. If it somehow does not work as you thought it would, either let me know here or re-install Blockland.

Known bugs
    There are no known bugs yet
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:16:09 PM by mctwist »

Good idea, I like it.
Edit: nice GUIs (skins?) too.

Wow. What's with that "list" in the screenshot? Does it do anything new or just open more windows/look better?
Edit: I'm getting endless "Restart Blockland" do I delete it now? Or only use the "Ui" file instead.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:27:13 AM by man of smart »

That first screenshot is a Smexy Background List
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:04:39 AM by A Higuy!!! »

That is awesome! If it worked for me...

You have to have Blockland in an another folder than Program Files. Recommended is in C root or an another folder. This due that Program Files have special restrictions, meaning that Blockland cannot modify files or folders whatever they like. This makes so it backups the files, but the restrictions blocks it, and nothing have happened. This means that you end up in an endless loop you cannot get out. Also, the add-on wont work with the online material if you cannot even backup the current gui.

You have to have Blockland in an another folder than Program Files. Recommended is in C root or an another folder. This due that Program Files have special restrictions, meaning that Blockland cannot modify files or folders whatever they like. This makes so it backups the files, but the restrictions blocks it, and nothing have happened. This means that you end up in an endless loop you cannot get out. Also, the add-on wont work with the online material if you cannot even backup the current gui.
I have the same problem on Mac.

nice, can you make it do that you can change brick textures while out of a server? or in if you're able to

nice, can you make it do that you can change brick textures while out of a server? or in if you're able to
Good idea phflack :cookieMonster:

OnTopic: I like this, very nice design, good idea, and works like a charm.

That is not possible, because brick textures comes from a server. And I don't think you can change textures on a datablock without restarting client.

That is not possible, because brick textures comes from a server. And I don't think you can change textures on a datablock without restarting client.
i ment change the texture in the folder, and what about changing it outside of a server, so it updates when you get to the main menu? because there arn't any bricks then

Uhh... I'm on a MAC.

So I can upload icons of snakees and everyone would be able to see them in the download bar?

So I can upload icons of snakees and everyone would be able to see them in the download bar?
:o

I noticed that there arew some nice themes (without picture. :S) but also some kind of crosshair things (without picture, some of them).
I suppose you can load both by using mixed or something?