Author Topic: Halp! Hackers!!1  (Read 9536 times)

Fuuuuuu- Natedog was playing BoShet got scared, Natedog will be areested for haxing i called 911 yesterday :3
uuuuh what

Fuuuuuu- Natedog was playing BoShet got scared, Natedog will be areested for haxing i called 911 yesterday :3
I predict you will be arrested for misuse of the 911 system.

I remember my experiance of Blockland getting "hacked". When I looks back at it, I get depressed.
When I see other people do it, I laugh.

I don't really know what happened. These days, you can never be sure what people can devise. All I know is that now I have to hold all my admins back from perma-banning Nate and possibly getting someone hacked, or we could all just look like idiots. I feel stupid...

You can't hack Blockland.
Maybe not "hack" someone else, but you sure can run it through a disassembler with techniques such as exploiting code caves to load DLLs into memory and things of the sort.

Maybe not "hack" someone else, but you sure can run it through a disassembler with techniques such as exploiting code caves to load DLLs into memory and things of the sort.
The only thing you would gain from that is changing your own client, or your own server. I'm pretty sure you can't load DLLs into someone else's server.

Blockland isn't protected by magical ingame prevention code. It's protected by the fact that everything is determined by the server. What the client thinks doesn't matter.

The only thing you would gain from that is changing your own client, or your own server.
I thought that it was obvious that you could only locally change your client, you don't need to restate it. It would be cool, though, if you patched the client and gave the patched executable to your friend to see if you could mess with the functionality online (though I definitely would do it through Hamachi).
I'm pretty sure you can't load DLLs into someone else's server.
Huh? No.
Blockland isn't protected by magical ingame prevention code. It's protected by the fact that everything is determined by the server. What the client thinks doesn't matter.
Uhh... I don't think that I need a lesson in the client/server model. It's generally a cardinal truth that a client doesn't determine anything network-wise when connected to a server. It wouldn't even make sense if it did.

It's generally a cardinal truth that a client doesn't determine anything network-wise when connected to a server.
Except in Roblox or Minecraft.

A cardinal truth doesn't need to be revered by everyone. It's generally something that is the usual.

A cardinal truth doesn't need to be revered by everyone. It's generally something that is the usual.

You're still posting after that too cool for the forums episode? Time to get out!

Badspot

• Administrator
I've gotten dozens of emails like this over the years.

None of them can ever explain what they mean by "hacking" or even form a coherent sentence.  

I've gotten dozens of emails like this over the years.

None of them can ever explain what they mean by "hacking" or even form a coherent sentence.  
Ahah, thats funny

ITTL
ephi is rightfully annoyed but should, you know, do his job and figure out WHY people are whining
cca is pretending he matters in relation to anything
everyone agrees with ephi
void is dumb.

and i only saw the first page and a half and whatever's right above me.