Boss Battles.

Author Topic: Boss Battles.  (Read 6149 times)

I was playing a game called demon souls, and something caught me in my mind. Blockland has yet to have a Boss Battling System.
I mean, Even Roblox has some of those.
If anyone agrees please help spread this so that in hopes, one day, blockland will be a boss battling king.

Can easily be done with bot events.
Unless you don't want something humans.

Maybe that can be put into Main Adventure Mode.

I've actually been considering making (or re-making) a few brick bosses to battle.

I was even thinking of making a suggestions topic for boss ideas!  :cookieMonster:

If you have any original/possible ideas for a boss in blockland (using primarily bricks, not bots), I might take a crack at making something...

This has been done before by the way (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=116056.0).

Reinforcement's Boss Attack

My Boss Run ( v5 is WIP, working on it right now )

I mean, Like erm.

Do you guys know the dragon playertype? Well, Manipulate the attacks, give it special powers, and a health limit, that sorta thing.
Maybe Even Special Combos.

And just maybe, boss models?
Giant Spider Anyone :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:23:52 PM by Alkatjo »

The problem with bot bosses is that:
• They can be completely crippled if the addon is updated, and
• Players that download the boss (assuming that you allow that) usually need the exact same bot addon(s) for it to work.

Brick bosses tend to last longer, and are also more predictable. They do take a little more work though.

The problem with bot bosses is that:
• They can be completely crippled if the addon is updated, and
• Players that download the boss (assuming that you allow that) usually need the exact same bot addon(s) for it to work.

Brick bosses tend to last longer, and are also more predictable. They do take a little more work though.

what the hell
no
you take a bot
then use events to make it do stuff
not make an entirely new add-on

what the hell
no
you take a bot
then use events to make it do stuff
not make an entirely new add-on

I didn't say make a new addon :/
When and if you update your server's bot events, there's a good chance that your boss won't work anymore, or at least not how it used to (of course, this is true with any non-default event).

The boss I made for Reinforcement's boss attack build used a now older version of the bot events. If I load the build now with the updated bot events, the bots will spawn and die infinitely X|. I could easily fix it, sure, but I would rather do it right one time and have it work on everyone else's server.

The part of the boss I made that used bricks works fine still, however. :)

When and if you update your server's bot events, there's a good chance that your boss won't work anymore, or at least not how it used to (of course, this is true with any non-default event).

Boss Run 1 and 2 were both made with Bot Events v6 ( Bot events are v7 now ) and still work properly. The only boss I could find that would not work was Shoop Da Woop. ( He was a brick boss combined with a bot boss that shot lasers )

Stop fighting, And yes, i do agree that it works both ways.
And yes, players would have add-on troubles.

No worries.
Do you have any ideas for a boss?

Maybe that can be put into Main Adventure Mode.
You haven't gotten to the first boss yet?

No. :c

I'm still stuck on the first level. I heard that there's a Rocket Launcher hidden, but I can't find it. :/

Rykuta runs a boss battle server once and a while.

My favorite is the one he named after me, where you have to blow up a giant robot before it finishes smashing up the ground you are standing on and you fall into the lava beneath