Poll

Should we destroy the last bit of the smallpox disease?

Yes
No
Yes, but not for several years

Author Topic: Opinions - Should we destroy the last bit of the smallpox disease?  (Read 101763 times)

You're misinterpreting what I'm saying. I'm not saying "LIFE IS PRECIOSU DO NOT KILL PEACE XOXOXOX", I'm saying that we live in a society where we shouldn't be loving torturing and maiming people, regardless of their terms of imprisonment. Death sentence? Possibly, but that's not what I'm arguing against anyway. My opinion on abortion? Irrelevant, because you're not loving cutting the unborn child hands off, letting them bleed out, and throwing their corpse in a loving ditch. We don't live in the dark ages you idiots, this is not what we want. It's not alright to take redemption in the form of cruel punishment in the prison systems. It's simply not.

woah woah woah, slow down there. It's not what you want, now I'm not saying I disagree with you, but don't  generalize your own opinions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:22:27 PM by Littledude »

Torture should still be used on members of terrorist groups to reveal information on the activities on those groups, anyone who objects to this better bring some serious counter-argument.
Honestly, I think that those who know what it's like to be tortured, starved, nearly killed, and other things should be the one to decide whether others are tortured, starved, killed, etc. Because then the judge would know what it's like, and whether or not they really deserve something like that. But that's never going to happen.
 I've always thought that it's horrible to torture others, that isn't a way of getting information, or punishment, that's just plain cruel. If you need information that could lead to life or death, there are other ways. You don't have to be inhumane to get information.

This is why you cannot treat prisoners the loving same. You need to go way deeper than saying they're all terrible people, let's isolate them from society, feed them minimal food, and make their life now a living hell.

uh hello if they know it's a living hell then maybe they won't be stupid enough to commit crimes

uh hello if they know it's a living hell then maybe they won't be stupid enough to commit crimes
As said numerous times before, look at things from the criminals point of view. They might not have a choice, they might not be educated enough to know an alternative to what they are doing, their environment and lifestyle can have a huge impact, they might not understand what they are doing, there are endless things that can coerce a person into committing a crime.
The only way to fix this stuffhole is to help these people and advance society rather then kill them or lock them away where they won't learn anything. There is no argument to that.

Like committing crimes only depended on one person's free will. Never mind the other factors. That guy stole a loaf of bread because he's hungry? Pfft, let's mutilate him! Hello, if you are poor and deprived and lived in a stuffhole, these experiences can become considerable factors of you committing a crime!

Shouldn't we think about reducing the criminogenic factors in society first?

prisons are a waste of money
all crimes should carry the death penalty  :cookieMonster:

I still think we should turn Australia into a- I keep forgetting. They already tried that.

Honestly, I don't see why we should educate people in jail.

Nobody will spend the money in taxes to educate criminals who wont even take it seriously.

Nobody will spend the money in taxes to educate criminals who wont even take it seriously.
Because everyone in the education system right now takes it seriously.

Because everyone in the education system right now takes it seriously.
Seriously enough to go o college to get a job.

And those are parents paying for their kid, not some random criminal.

Seriously enough to go o college to get a job.

And those are parents paying for their kid, not some random criminal.
You have no idea how the real world works, do you?

You have no idea how the real world works, do you?
Ok, how does the "real world" work?

Id say stick with the current.

<3 the Death penalty in texas,because you have to be some kind of stupid stuff to do something that serious.

Ok, how does the "real world" work?
Wait 3 years and you'll find out.

Wait 3 years and you'll find out.
You're in college.  You aren't in the real world.