Author Topic: Terraria - 2D Minecraft More focused on RPG/Action, surprise 1.3 :^)  (Read 1280850 times)

whos ready for this Dungeon Defenders 2 crossover update?
where DD2 will have the Dryad as a playable character
and terraria has a new event featuring tower defense machines and monsters from DD2?
im super hyped bc it comes out on Nov.15
I was really hoping your were joking saying this but its apparently real.

why though? there's like, zero connection between both games in both gameplay and style, and just reminding of that mess of a game just bothers me.

like I'm kinda dissapointed that the terraria devs have stooped low enough to advertising other games in their game just for a few extra bucks, its just completely out of place and doesnt belong in terraria.

sure, new content is good but it would've been a lot better without whats basically a "DD2" logo slapped onto everything they add.

Look at these graphics O:

Also; Here's a picture of my house so far

why are the vitamins so impossible to get in a crimson world

well, they only drop from the floaty gross enemies in the underground crimson in hardmode and if you dedicate a big chunk of space there to farm them, it wont take long before you get some.

i have 4 in my crimson world

ive killed
over 350
floaty grosses
and have
0 vitamins

i like how you made the dryad live in the snake

whos ready for this Dungeon Defenders 2 crossover update?
where DD2 will have the Dryad as a playable character
and terraria has a new event featuring tower defense machines and monsters from DD2?
im super hyped bc it comes out on Nov.15
new monsters is always good
tower defense mechanics sound rad
should be useful for singleplayer too
i like how you made the dryad live in the snake
dryad gets rooster vored by party girl's massive hermaphrodite richard

I understand where you're coming from, I sorta agree that its kinda out of place but hear me out
they said that its also a little practice with tower defence mechanics so they can work it into Otherworld, which is neat
also having defense turrents could be cool like, if you need a little more dps to a boss (which they've added 2 mini bosses too).
also I downloaded DD2 just to play as the Dryad

I was really hoping your were joking saying this but its apparently real.
why though? there's like, zero connection between both games in both gameplay and style, and just reminding of that mess of a game just bothers me.
this is happening mainly because the devs know eachother and wanted to do it for fun. I've heard this from several sources. And plus, hey, more stuff to do in Terraria. This isn't an issue.
like I'm kinda dissapointed that the terraria devs have stooped low enough to advertising other games in their game just for a few extra bucks, its just completely out of place and doesnt belong in terraria.
You make it sound like the Terraria devs are loving desperate for advertising or something and are literally scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm sorry you don't like Dungeon Defenders but what you're saying is asinine. They're both campy fantasy based games and I look forward to this little content update which, by the way, will do nothing to harm Terraria as the game it already is. It will hardly harm it's lore with this little crossover. The terraria devs are by no means "stooping to a lower level" when they have been nothing but generous on the content updates which they provide to their player-base when they don't even have to.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:32:33 PM by Tayasaurus »

my opinion on it mostly just depends on how they handle this whole crossover thing.

if they slap advertising stuff for DD2 all over the new content I'd be kinda bothered by it, but if it isnt directly visible that the stuff is based off of DD2 then it'd be fine.

my little rant there was me assuming worst case scenario, where they did it on the level of say, roblox with their sponsorship advertisement stuff.

also I'm slightly biased because I tried and disliked DD2 and feel like its a step down from the original

if they slap advertising stuff for DD2 all over the new content I'd be kinda bothered by it, but if it isnt directly visible that the stuff is based off of DD2 then it'd be fine.
The only "advertising" you're going to see in the new content is the content itself. Which just so happens to be from Dungeon Defenders. You're not going to see Dungeon Defenders billboards and stickers over everything, that would be ridiculous. The only thing deterring you from this is the fact that you happen to know that whatever comes through that portal is from Dungeon Defenders, which i still fail to see as a problem.