My Reasons for Being Atheist

Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16844 times)

Indeed. My entire point is that all theories for creation or existence are not actually things which can be comprehended by humans, and are therefore illogical. The point of logic is that it is universal to all of man. The way I used logic was not as a personal opinion, but as a factoid of human capabilities. Saying, "Evolution is not logical." is flawed, kind of.

1 + 1 = 2

That is logical. Humans can understand it.

Explode math to a large enough spectrum and we can understand things like t = 0.

..all theories for creation or existence are not actually things which can be comprehended by humans, and are therefore illogical. The point of logic is that it is universal to all of man. The way I used logic was not as a personal opinion, but as a factoid of human capabilities.
What line of thinking are you basing this off of? If something can't be comprehended by humans then that just means that we can't comprehend it, it doesn't say anything about whether it makes sense. A newborn child cannot comprehend a number of concepts, but that does not make those concepts illogical.

1 + 1 = 2

That is logical. Humans can understand it.

Explode math to a large enough spectrum and we can understand things like t = 0.
In the same way, 0, by definition, is non-existant. It is logical, that something can equal 0, but when you look at something that exists before time, for example. You are literally saying that it's dimension of time is 0, or it never existed. It's not really logical to say something can exist but never exist.

The concept of infinity is kind of the opposite. While it may kind of make sense to say something always existed, it doesn't really work in the human mind. Infinity minus any number is still infinity. So then if something existed before us, then infinity happened before now, so how did we get to now.

But things can't really exist finitely either. They would either have to come after something, which means infinity time. Or they came out of 0 time, so they came after nothing, or existed forever. You could say that they end, but if they don't begin then they exist infinitely before they end.

What line of thinking are you basing this off of? If something can't be comprehended by humans then that just means that we can't comprehend it, it doesn't say anything about whether it makes sense. A newborn child cannot comprehend a number of concepts, but that does not make those concepts illogical.
Logic: a science that deals with the principles and criteria of validity of inference and demonstration : the science of the formal principles of reasoning http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/logic?show=0&t=1306293640

How can it be reasonable if no one can reason with it. You cannot reason what you cannot comprehend. Things may be feasible, but not necessarily logical.

Logic: a science that deals with the principles and criteria of validity of inference and demonstration : the science of the formal principles of reasoning http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/logic?show=0&t=1306293640

How can it be reasonable if no one can reason with it. You cannot reason what you cannot comprehend. Things may be feasible, but not necessarily logical.
On the other hand, something may not appear feasible, but may still be logical. Just because a person lacks the ability to comprehend something does not mean that it is illogical. Many people cannot comprehend what others understand perfectly well. If no human can comprehend a concept, it does not render that concept illogical. It's basically the same scenario as before but on a larger scale. With further discovery, seemingly illogical concepts can later be reasoned. This can mean that an unknowingly invalid claim's validity is later able to be challenged. This can also mean that an unknowingly valid claim's validity is later able to be established.

And we have now moved into the "Nutty Professors" phase of this topic, where two or more people quote each other and explain (or try to) something no one understands, only making it worse because they have such odd theories.

Let's pretend he COULD have created the universe (which is also impossible because he is made of atoms, like every other bit of matter and atoms haven't formed yet).
Higgs boson.

If no human can comprehend a concept, it does not render that concept illogical.
That is exactly what makes a concept illogical. On of the main features of logic is that you can use it to explain to any open minded person and concept that they are not an expert on. Therefore, if one person can understand and it is logical, then more than one person can grasp the logic of it.

You can't have a logical argument based off of things that nobody knows. How can you say that X is Y because Z, if you have know idea what Z is, and no one else in the world does either.

I believe in dragon gods. :3

Isn't there a religion for that? :S

I believe in dragon gods. :3

Isn't there a religion for that? :S

yeah it's called furcigarettes.

op snip
I am not going to insult you because of your being an athiest.
I am going to insult you for being such a forgettard and not understanding anything behind anything you are claiming:
It is very hard to follow your train of thought, but I am going to assume the general idea you are trying to communicate is that the concept of God is not acceptable in terms of our modern understanding of physics. While I personally disagree due to my own opinion on the likelyhood of what presents itself as God, I will allow you to keep your opinion because I am not a complete jackass like that.
However, I would like to ask you to refrain from attempting to communicate any sort of idea whilst having what I can only presume from your complete inability to coherently form a sentence, some sort of attention deficit hyperactive disorder related spasm.

Omg, I'm agnostic.
See, there's a difference between being agnostic and being an atheist.
ATHEISTS: Atheists are divided into 2 groups: strong and weak atheists. Weak ones just don't like the idea of God/s, so they ignore religion. Strong ones try to always argue their point in saying that gods don't exist, and always use some extremely complicated scientific, logical (to them) solution so they can outsmart religious people.

AGNOSTICS: Agnostics are simply people who don't believe in gods, or religion, but instead of arguing with Christians, agnostics try to find their own path to spiritual and mental peace and calmness.

tl; dr:

There's a difference between being AGNOSTIC and being ATHEIST.

Simple.  :cookieMonster:

Omg, I'm agnostic.
See, there's a difference between being agnostic and being an atheist.
ATHEISTS: Atheists are divided into 2 groups: strong and weak atheists. Weak ones just don't like the idea of God/s, so they ignore religion. Strong ones try to always argue their point in saying that gods don't exist, and always use some extremely complicated scientific, logical (to them) solution so they can outsmart religious people.

AGNOSTICS: Agnostics are simply people who don't believe in gods, or religion, but instead of arguing with Christians, agnostics try to find their own path to spiritual and mental peace and calmness.

tl; dr:

There's a difference between being AGNOSTIC and being ATHEIST.

Simple.  :cookieMonster:
I'm a weak Atheist. But I tend to argue a lot. :c

You guys actually have no clue about this.