My friend could win a van! *He won* :D

Poll

Did you vote?

Yar
You bet
Certainly!

Author Topic: My friend could win a van! *He won* :D  (Read 29872 times)

Okay, my friend (IRL) entered to win this Chevy van from a Wind Surfing magazine, and he's really close to first place.

-As of June 12th at 9:36 PM PST, Marek is ahead by over 200 votes.
-As of June 19th at 7:03 PM PST, Marek is ahead by over 2,100 votes.
-As of June 25th at 10:43 AM PST, Marek is ahead by 2,464 votes.
-As of July 1st at 8:59 AM PST, Marek has won the van!

Just vote for
Marek Prussak
and nobody else. It'll be awesome if he wins, and it's really easy. You literally just click "Vote".

Thanks for the help guys (and girls), without further delay here's the link:
Clickity!

The mini "essay" my friend wrote to enter:
Dear Mr. Sanford:
I hear that you have a gently-used van, and have no space to put it. As a very responsible 16 year old who is on the verge of getting his driver’s license, I have a pressing need for a van, in order to mobilize my many windsurfing and camping endeavors. Should I need to drive my friends as well, my dad’s formula board appears wide enough to make a serviceable bench. I bet you will get many essays from windsurfers who would like a second windsurfing vehicle, but why send your beloved van to a reader who already has a car, instead of someone who needs wheels?

Considering your extremely diligent care of the van, I would feel a need to continue this legacy of good automobile care, and frequent oil changes. To that effect, I think I have seen an oil wrench in the vehicle. You may be concerned that I will crash the van, but I promise to have my first crash in my mom’s SUV.

It is common knowledge that bigger is better; whether it be formula gear, savings accounts, or cars. But when it comes down removing another car from your parking space(s), only a unimog would fare better. And, this deal will benefit windsurfing magazine as well! I will drive my van to school, where I will park it in a narrow street, making it impossible to not notice that the street space is being taken up by an official windsurfing magazine van.

Most of all, instead of begging my dad to borrow a car, he will be begging me for the keys to the van!

Sincerely,
Marek Prussak

The contest ends on July 1st.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:44:49 AM by Trifax »

now why would he want a van?

hmmmmmm

now why would he want a van?

hmmmmmm

So his parents don't have to buy him a car to get around in. And with a van, he can give massive amounts of people rides at one time.

And not for any other reason.

Dammit, he's in second...

And with a van, he can give massive amounts of people rides at one time.
"rides"

My vote put him in first, you're welcome

Voted.

Yw!

thank you!

Yeah, he'll be ahead in no time, I just hope lots of people look at this topic.

EDIT:
My vote put him in first, you're welcome

Sweeeet thanks man.

It feels good to help.

I helped this poor chap out.
It feels good to help.

1st place :D

Let me introduce myself. I am Aaron's mom. You can call me "Lola", that's not my name but I've always wanted to be called "Lola". I have an announcement to make. Aaron doesn't have a jeep. Aaron may think he has a jeep because he gets to drive it from time to time, but the jeep belongs to me...Lola. Aaron is a college student and he is like any other college student; poor, hungry (unless of course I make food for him) and homeless in the summer. Aaron therefore not only deserves, but needs the van and should he win it I will probably suggest that yes indeed, he live in it You see I have four "kids" in college and they are all home for the summer. Not only are my own kids home for the summer buy my younger son has kindly invited two of his friends to live with us for the summer as well. They all move in this Monday...for the entire summer. Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids and of course their friends but 5 college students for the summer ages 19, 20, 21, another 21, 23, and 24???...SERIOUSLY??I am very concerned I might not survive my own destiny. So, Mr. Sanford, I was wondering, do you have more than one van to give away? You see after reading all the finalists reasons for deserving the van I believe that I deserve the van. I would load up all my earthly belongs, climb into the sacred space and just drive until the end of the summer when the "kids" had all returned to school, and then depending on how far away I am I might turn around. Yeah! Vote for me, Aaron's mother "Lola"....I DESERVE THE VAN!
POOOOORR LOOOLAAAAAAAAA

You're a good friend, by the way