Author Topic: 5 things wrong with The USA.  (Read 5251 times)

over some small land for oil mining.
And the whole war was over oil?
forget you.

Ah Shinji, I was quite sure that you were banned from the forums.

Why?

forget you.

Yes, it was.

Yes, it was.
So we blew up the towers to declare war on some sand mondays for oil?

makes perfect sense!

i have a winter that has no snow, that is, until we have a huge ass blizzard that ices over to become unbreakable ice everywhere.

forget you.
At first, it started over oil. Then came 9/11, another reason to pour American troops into Afghan.
If I'm wrong, then correct me.

At first, it started over oil. Then came 9/11.
oh yeah, i forgot about the gulf war.

Media.
I didn't know it was so government controlled.

Stupid politicians.
Only the stupid ones make the news (which further pushes my previous point), which is where you're gathering this information on all of the United States' government body.

Two parties determined to take control of the White House.
That would happen no matter what, people are just that way. I think they're starting to agree on some things, maybe in the future we'll have one body again.

The fact policitians think they are on top when the PEOPLE are supposed to be on top.
See: my second response

Stupid bills.
It doesn't take many politicians to make a bill. How many normal citizens does it take to PASS it?

Money.
Our economy is starting to improve.

Look at the facts: the US has the best colleges in the world, some of the best inventions in the world, and one of the most protective Constitutions in the world. Stop griping and compare the US to the rest of the world.

EDIT: and United States isn't "America", America is a pair of continents.

At first, it started over oil. Then came 9/11.

You're wrong.

The war with Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror, we went in because Bush claimed they had "WMDs" when really, he just wanted more oil. It was MASKED by the war on terror, yeah.

It's commonly referred to as America, but fine.

I didn't know it was so government controlled.
Only the stupid ones make the news (which further pushes my previous point), which is where you're gathering this information on all of the United States' government body.
That would happen no matter what, people are just that way. I think they're starting to agree on some things, maybe in the future we'll have one body again.
See: my second response
It doesn't take many politicians to make a bill. How many normal citizens does it take to PASS it?

Look at the facts: the US has the best colleges in the world, some of the best inventions in the world, and one of the most protective Constitutions in the world. Stop griping and compare the US to the rest of the world.

That's just my opinion on the government here. From what I've seen in the past 5 years my opinion probably won't change for a while. =/

You're wrong.

The war with Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror, we went in because Bush claimed they had "WMDs" when really, he just wanted more oil. It was MASKED by the war on terror, yeah.

It's commonly referred to as America, but fine.
So I was right in the first place when I said the war started over oil?

That does not mean that the US doesn't have massive dept brought on by pathetic federal spending which Obama is not pursuing to fix.

Oh boy, this thread again...

Don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those anti-american friends, but i've come to realize our government and country has turned to complete stuff.

1. We're slowly losing our freedoms.

Yeah, ever since 9/11 our freedoms are slowly being taken away. I don't really need proof since it's blatantly obvious, but here you go: http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?akid=700.450896.5hVZPC&rd=1&t=1
Modernizing a copyright law isn't related to 9/11 at all, and that site is blowing the law WAY out of proportion.  Read the bill.
2. About half of the US population is dumb as stuff.

A little less than a third of the US population don't know that the sun is a star. Yeah, it's true. We're getting dumber, and I don't know why. After WWII we just don't give a stuff anymore. This does not help with our image at all.
The US population is at 307 million as of July 2009.  There are bound to be dumb people, but to ignore the thousands upon thousands of bright people thinking up new ideas every day is just about as dumb as thinking the sun isn't a star.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_inventions  Read up, we've thought up a lot of world changing stuff.
4. The government will do anything to increase patriotism.

Yeah, we knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened. The US govt. knew there was an invasion, they just didn't warn the guys down at Pearl Harbor. We LET it happen to get more soldiers to fight for our country. For you friends who think i'm lying, here's some proof: http://www.warbirdforum.com/pearl.htm. I think that's pretty forgeted up. It could also be said that the same thing happened with 9/11 but I think that's unlikely.
Any modern examples of this?  Your only modern proof of this is conspiracy theories about 9/11.  We've done bad things, every country has.
Oh, i'll just leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRQvK2-iqQ
Yeah forgetin' dumb forgetin' motherforgeters forgetin' eatin' forgetin' shoppin' forgetin' eatin' fat.  Can't we move past the "I saw a dumb fat guy and say forget a lot" type stand up comedy?  

What's with these threads?  They're so incredibly ignorant it's ridiculous.  

So I was right in the first place when I said the war started over oil?

Yeah.