Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 270962 times)

What I've learned most in this game is that more thrusters isn't always exactly good.

To get into orbit and to the mun I usually find myself using the Mk1 parts versus the Mk2, because the weight/thrust ratio is such a small difference it makes the ship too large.

Anyone ever have trouble placing thrusters? Sometimes they just don't line up because it's a super awkward spot to get to. Another problem I have is the spaceship just falls apart while it's taking off, like the engine just fell off out of nowhere.

Anyone ever have trouble placing thrusters? Sometimes they just don't line up because it's a super awkward spot to get to. Another problem I have is the spaceship just falls apart while it's taking off, like the engine just fell off out of nowhere.
Struts solve problems caused by gravity.

Didn't kinda that to funny, I've already done that a long time ago. Well lower the mass of my parts and make a fuel take with pretty much unlimited fuel.

you must be the guy in the corner who acts like he is too cool to be here

Bump.

I did it! I finally got to the Mun!

But sadly I didn't have enough fuel to make it off. So I dropped Jeb off at the apoapsis in the hopes he could jet pack back.

It didn't work.

The capsule then bounced about halfway across the Mun until eventually coming to a stop on it's side.

I think that the Dragon capsule is a little over powered. I think I'll lower the impact tolerance.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:08:21 AM by Mushroom man »

In the part parameters what does "atmospheric curve" mean?
For my modified ion engine:
Code: [Select]
PROPELLANT
{
name = ElectricCharge
        ratio = 1.5
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = XenonGas
ratio = 0.1
}
atmosphereCurve
  {
    key = 0 4200
  }

Anybody care to explain?

That means the specific impulse that the thing has.

That means the specific impulse that the thing has.
What does the zero next to it mean?

What does the zero next to it mean?
It has no Isp in the atmosphere.
It has to have at least 1 second of Isp to work.

Double post.
Does anyone have any ideas for parts?

Double post.
Does anyone have any ideas for parts?
A really long landing leg, a large unmanned probe, and a medium unmanned probe.

God damn it. I have such difficulty building spaceplanes. Every time I try to fly them they start yawing around on the runway which then causes them to roll and crash and explode.