Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 271622 times)

Are saved vessels gone too?

Are saved vessels gone too?
If they have (A)SAS on them, they can't be used.
Huh, I guess (A)SAS modules are converted to a newer part.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:21:51 PM by Linkusofepica »

They put a converter into the game to attempt to update. Things like planet/moon surfaces have been redone, which makes older saves incompatible since they could spawn inside the surface, in the air, etc. There might even be problems with orbiting craft for calculational reasons. They didn't give the conversion details, but it likely has to do with updating saved ships and such. It does back up your overall saves, so it definitely attempts to update there too, although I don't know the specifics.

I like how they made airplanes more controllable with the new changes, but I had to manually tweak the launch of my first satellite the whole way up

Perhaps I'm missing some part that keeps everything in check?

Currently Sweden/2 kilometers away from my house, but I can't wait to go home now.

Lol crash test dummy

Still wondering why Jeb is half stupidity and courage

Still wondering why Jeb is half stupidity and courage
I assume the stats are going to be used later on for something more then the crew reactions, so Jeb is probably planned to be the most balanced. It's just a theory of course.

you know how when kerbals fall when they jump
i dont think they do that if they have low stupidity but idk

there should be parachutes that after activation will automatically deploy at a certain altitude

there should be parachutes that after activation will automatically deploy at a certain altitude
They already do that?

The blue one deploys at 500m and the orange one deploys at 2500m I think.

Anybody probably means whereas it won't come out at all until a certain altitude. I've torn mine off trying to turn it on too early, just panicking from a failed flight. Now that they can die, I'd have to do a revert in this situation. What if you want to do a real time run? You're boned.

So about my screenshot, you can edit the save files to add crew, recruits, etc. Their settings are free to screw around with.I added "Kermit the Kerman," "Goku Kerman," "Randy Savage," and "Crash Test Dummy." Since this can't be done ingame, I'd understand if you don't care for 'hacking' in characters, but I like that they don't prevent this.

So about my screenshot, you can edit the save files to add crew, recruits, etc. Their settings are free to screw around with.I added "Kermit the Kerman," "Goku Kerman," "Randy Savage," and "Crash Test Dummy." Since this can't be done ingame, I'd understand if you don't care for 'hacking' in characters, but I like that they don't prevent this.
Crew Manifest makes it SO much easier.