Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 271640 times)

bump

sign my petition to center the text on plaques

just bought ksp

am not disappoint

mission 1: get something into orbit

This game is so fun, I like how when you're creating your ship it has the spore editor theme to it.
Also I made an ultra rocket only using 3 ship parts and made it to the sun and back.

This game is so fun, I like how when you're creating your ship it has the spore editor theme to it.
Also I made an ultra rocket only using 3 ship parts and made it to the sun and back.
no mods?

Gah, I hate that they made it where we can't speed it up with our throttle up. I was too impatient at the time to make it to orbit and I couldn't even tell if the line was getting bigger or smaller, so I throttled down to take a look and it ended up crashing.

who the forget thought that would be a good thing.

You're saying you can speed up but it won't unless you throttle down, but you can forget time is sped up so when you throttle down it suddenly light-speed smashes you? I suggest leaving that on their forums or something - That looks WAY too easy to accidentally do, there should be some prevention.

Gah, I hate that they made it where we can't speed it up with our throttle up. I was too impatient at the time to make it to orbit and I couldn't even tell if the line was getting bigger or smaller, so I throttled down to take a look and it ended up crashing.

who the forget thought that would be a good thing.
Mister Engine Limitations thought that was a good thing.

Mister Engine Limitations thought that was a good thing.

He's talking about the ability to have time sped up, but not actually showing it while a vehicle is throttled. You forget time is sped up, throttle down, and suddenly your spacecraft is a smoldering pile of bend and burning corpses.

You're saying you can speed up but it won't unless you throttle down, but you can forget time is sped up so when you throttle down it suddenly light-speed smashes you? I suggest leaving that on their forums or something - That looks WAY too easy to accidentally do, there should be some prevention.
I'm saying, just in-case I said it wrong, that I can't time-warp anything more than 1x if my throttle is up, doesn't matter where it is (not counting all the way down.), and I was too impatient to make it to orbit so I throttled all the way down, sped it up, looked at the orbit map, and it ended up making the manned-rocket-satellite crash.

tl;dr: i want it to be sped up while the throttle is up in space, and even then it lets me use the time warp while i'm not in space and the throttle is up.

AKA what I said. The speed up setting was on high, but you weren't actually sped up since you had the throttle up. When you throttled down, the speed up abruptly took effect and flash-smashed your ass into the ground.

AKA what I said. The speed up setting was on high, but you weren't actually sped up since you had the throttle up. When you throttled down, the speed up abruptly took effect and flash-smashed your ass into the ground.
Okay yeah pretty much that.

So pretty much I just want to have time sped up while the throttle is up, are there any mods for this?

so i landed on jool today

i regret everything

so i landed on jool today
-snip-
i regret everything

You mustn't forget about the Intergalactic/Deep Space Cthulu.

So after about 3 dozen failed moon launches, I finally touched down. The landing was a little rough, I lost my engine, fuel tank, and landing struts, but that isn't the point. I made it!