Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 280580 times)

wtf plane shifts are easy peasy

Bear in mind that my manual burn to the Mun was off by a whole second and a half.

Bear in mind that my manual burn to the Mun was off by a whole second and a half.
Reminds me of that time I tried using the Mun as a slingshot and only failed because of a few meters.

...a few meters.

...so your slingshot failed because of a deviance well within the error margin for slingshotting around the moon?

Are you sure you didn't mean kilometers?

Also, I'm not sure whether or not I want to get the full version or not. I hear the developers are apparently planning to go STEAM-only, which is unfortunate and not at all something I like.

I highly doubt that they're going to Steam only, because I'n fairly certain they are well aware of the fact that some people (who may well have been interested in it) would not buy the game if it were on Steam only.

Agh, I'm trying to make a rescue craft that can get Kerbals I've stranded in orbit back down to Kerbin; the idea is that there are two rockets, one pointing up and another pointing down, both with landing modules that can land on Kerbin.

The problem is that the downwards-facing rocket messes up whenever I detach it; the staging goes all to hell.

Any ideas how to fix?

Agh, I'm trying to make a rescue craft that can get Kerbals I've stranded in orbit back down to Kerbin; the idea is that there are two rockets, one pointing up and another pointing down, both with landing modules that can land on Kerbin.

The problem is that the downwards-facing rocket messes up whenever I detach it; the staging goes all to hell.

Any ideas how to fix?
You can change the staging while you're flying.

Any ideas how to fix?
Pictures help.

Any ideas how to fix?

Well you're going to need to actually figure out what is happening instead of it "going all to hell". Once you know this, you can attempt to change the staging.

If it has anything to do with supports or parts breaking, you can see that in the log after you end a flight (i.e. structural failure between small ion engine and control surface).

But regardless of that, your design sounds bad in the first place

bill was jumping on the mun and i accidentally killed him
rip in peace bill kerman 2013-2013
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:21:54 PM by Renekar »

i made bill jump on the mun and accidentally killed him
rip in peace bill kerman 2013-2013
Now launch Bob from the edge of Kerbin's atmosphere so he lands on his head (above land)

Now launch Bob from the edge of Kerbin's atmosphere so he lands on his head (above land)
I think I am going to do a space-dive with a kerbal from the edge of the atmosphere today.

I think I am going to do a space-dive with a kerbal from the edge of the atmosphere today.
Well, make sure you have him upside down, if you don't want him to die

Whenever I manage to successfully dock in space, I give myself a pat on the back. Also bump.

I still have one more fuel stack to dock onto my lunar rover mission. I should do that today...

I think communotrons should actullay do something