Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 269809 times)

Yes, the new aero has too much resistance down there; old dV to orbit requirement was like 4500m/s dV, now it's more like 3500 m/s dV if you do your turn higher. It's the going horizontal through soupy atmosphere that costs so much dV. Also it should be 45 degrees not 90 what.
I start out at 90 to do the turn, get my apoapsis high enough and and then go 45 and burn

I start out at 90 to do the turn, get my apoapsis high enough and and then go 45 and burn
The very optimal would be to start turning east at 15km and being at 90 degrees when you're at your apoapsis, turning slowly all the way through. As this is really goddamn hard to do, you're better off going 45 degrees all the time since that's about the average direction over your trajectory.

with this update you can't do the angled-gravity turn (go up then turn) without having stuffty fuel efficiency
you actually have to do a REAL trajectory path (:o)

do a REAL gravity turn*

do a REAL gravity turn*
REAL gravity turns have CURVES

If only we made it to the Mun...
(I'm playing with the demo, will get the full version when I get money)
EDIT: Bob Kerman isn't happy...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:08:30 PM by Mr Queeba »

Here's my ship is at 1211m/s. The nosecones overheated at 1250m/s then it slowed down.

look like someone has a NEW WAIFU..

I tried to start a normal career mode game, totally don't have any idea how to make money. :P

I tried to start a normal career mode game, totally don't have any idea how to make money. :P
Use contracts to complete simple things, like testing prototype parts, or taking tourists on a flight.

Also, try to attach parachutes and things to as many detachable stages as possible, so that they survive their way back to the ground.
That way you can collect them again from the Comms Array thingie, and you get money back.
Every piece that crashes into the ground and explodes is wasted money.

Also, there's that marketing place building where you can trade resources for each other, such as science/reputation for money or vice versa.

Use contracts to complete simple things, like testing prototype parts, or taking tourists on a flight.

Also, try to attach parachutes and things to as many detachable stages as possible, so that they survive their way back to the ground.
That way you can collect them again from the Comms Array thingie, and you get money back.
Every piece that crashes into the ground and explodes is wasted money.

Also, there's that marketing place building where you can trade resources for each other, such as science/reputation for money or vice versa.
I mean I got the idea of contracts and stuff, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make enough money to actually upgrade stuff. And until I upgrade the launch pad for instance, I can't do much.

Oh, I see.

I'm not really sure. I upgraded the launch pad asap, but I also started on the easy difficulty so I had extra money.
I'm not really sure, since you can only really earn money via contracts and resource-trading.

Oh, I see.

I'm not really sure. I upgraded the launch pad asap, but I also started on the easy difficulty so I had extra money.
I'm not really sure, since you can only really earn money via contracts and resource-trading.
Alright, I might just try with some extra cash. Science career is looking extra good right now though. :P

I think later on, provided you have the means and the know-how, it's actually possible to mine resources from planets and bring them back to Kerbin where you can get money from them.

By the way, in construction mode, you can right-click on parts containing fuels and resources and adjust how much they are loaded up with. This keeps the cost down, for example, getting rid of monopropellant fuel in the command pod when you don't have RCS thrusters.