Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467248 times)

Seriously.  Just dodge it.  It would probably take over an hour, or even two hours if the connection to your server is slow, to load a 40,000 brick save through BuildBot.

40,000 was just a number I pulled out of my ass. Regardless I don't think it needs to be said that this mod is useful for those of us who are responsible, but unfortunately the vast majority of Blockland consists of age 12< Roblox players who heard that Blockland was better. Consequently few people are actually responsible in Blockland. I can already imagine people going to Medieval RPs and loading their houses, skyscrapers, spaceships, etc.

On a second note, this seems to suck and not work atall.
It works in the beginning then starts having huge offset and tryign to place bricks without support.

On a second note, this seems to suck and not work atall.
It works in the beginning then starts having huge offset and tryign to place bricks without support.

Im not sure what caused that but if you give me the save file and tell me where it messed up, that would be greatly appreciated.

This is nice, but I'm banning anyone who loads a build over 2000 bricks

Im not sure what caused that but if you give me the save file and tell me where it messed up, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have isolated the problem.

If the datablock of your brick is not found (some add-on not enabled), I designed buildbot to handle it like a man and deal with it.

However, with the latest update (v1.2), where you can load bricks from any direction, some code became unexpectedly unable to properly handle the error.  I am not sure why it offsets the brick's location, but I have found this to only occur due to non-enabled bricks.

This will be fixed in update v1.3

at least you made the loving counterbuildbot NOT completely useless. that was a richard move and you knew it.

at least you made the loving counterbuildbot NOT completely useless. that was a richard move and you knew it.

It was a temporary fix to a problem that has no fix.  BuildBot builds just like a regular player except it used some special shortcuts, and all that mod did was break those shortcuts.

v2 is a better fix, but affects all building in general.

Bad news:  The problem is much more complex than I thought, and I am working diligently on a fix.  This appears to affect all versions of BuildBot, but it has only surfaced recently.

This is why open betas are so useful.

The issue is fixed.  I just need to clean up some more content that I was planning on releasing with v1.3, although not as soon as it seems I need to.

I should have the download updated to the fixed version in two hours or so.

Also:  I have confirmed that the alternate load system I wrote to bypass server_nobuildbot is at least 25% faster than the regular loading method.  This makes not sense to me, since it is doing more work.  It seems that those "shortcut functions" that come with the game are lies.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:28:52 PM by Nexus »

Quad postin' like a boss.

v1.3 released

Quad postin' like a boss.

v1.3 released
QFT.

Yay for all directional compatibility, V1 was starting to act weird when it would tell me to face direction 0 but actually build correctly when I was facing direction 2 (on skylands).

EDIT: Also, you should remove the picture of the failed load when facing the wrong direction. I believe that is fixed.

Also, you should remove the picture of the failed load when facing the wrong direction. I believe that is fixed.

There used to be three pictures with two different failed loads.  The one that was loaded in the wrong direction before the directional compatibility looked fine except for a couple of bricks on the roof.  The one with all the bricks wrong is still up, because that is what will happen if you are facing a different direction than your brick, and BuildBot uses the wrong direction for the load.

It still does not work not exucuting its in addons nothing no stuff happen

I still want a mod to break this completely.

I still want a mod to break this completely.

Fine.
<Removed, a better file has been posted>

This is the only way to keep buildbot from working.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:16:53 PM by Nexus »