Author Topic: Steam account suspended - Payment Dispute  (Read 5194 times)

Steam is the one thing that I keep secure on my computer. Never log on anywhere other then my own house. Never touch anything steam related on the internet.

It's the same with me. If I'm going to use Steam, I only use it on my own personal laptop.

I am scared, this is the second thread today where someone claims to have his account compromised.

I'm convinced it's a payment dispute, meaning that somebody got a hold of my mom's credit card and is using it to buy swag.

Once when my friend was hacked he went into one of the games in his steam account by the desktop shortcut and he got in his account, then he changed his password. Try getting into a shortcut on your desktop if you have any.

Once when my friend was hacked he went into one of the games in his steam account by the desktop shortcut and he got in his account, then he changed his password. Try getting into a shortcut on your desktop if you have any.

Already tried. It brings me to the login window. Besides, my password wasn't changed.

Keyloggers and phishing sites are probably at play here.

Keyloggers and phishing sites are probably at play here.

Once again, no. My password has not been changed, neither have any of my account credentials including my avatar, name, etc. I do not click on phishing links, and it is unlikely a keylogger made it's way onto my system.

Once again, no. My password has not been changed, neither have any of my account credentials including my avatar, name, etc. I do not click on phishing links, and it is unlikely a keylogger made it's way onto my system.
Unlikely my ass, do a virus scan anyways you loving idiot.

forget you. I'm trying to be as polite as I can, and you have to come in and be a total richard. I said UNLIKELY, not ABSOLUTELY NO VIRUSES WHATSOEVER.

ok so you didnt fall for a phish, you dont have a keylogger, you never changed anything (like that would matter anyways)

i guess it was just magic then.
herp

someone could have guessed your password

I asked mom about the charges, and she says she gets them every couple months or so. She says she had called the credit card company, and told them to block all charges from them. What I don't understand is how that can initiate an account suspension, seeing as how Steam doesn't charge random things.

What the hell is up with you? Take that huuuggee pole out of your ass.
You just insulted him for absolutely no reason, you starfish.
someone could have guessed your password
Very unlikely unless his password is something like "password" or "1234"

Very unlikely unless his password is something like "password" or "1234"

This I could say is out of the question.

This I could say is out of the question.
Good. Always use passwords with uppercase and lowercase letters with a combination of nubmers and symbols. Then it's impossible to guess and would take years to bruteforce.

Oasis, you don't really understand how people spread viruses, do you? People don't magically put viruses onto peoples computers. It's always from file execution. You have to run the file most of the time for it to install the malware on your system.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:25:36 PM by Dropshock »

Does anybody have an idea of how long it might take for support to respond to my question?

forget you. I'm trying to be as polite as I can, and you have to come in and be a total richard. I said UNLIKELY, not ABSOLUTELY NO VIRUSES WHATSOEVER.
Your account has been stolen. A smart person would do a loving virus scan.
Good. Always use passwords with uppercase and lowercase letters with a combination of nubmers and symbols. Then it's impossible to guess and would take years to bruteforce.
Oasis, you don't really understand how people spread viruses, do you? People don't magically put viruses onto peoples computers. It's always from file execution. You have to run the file most of the time for it to install the malware on your system.
You don't understand that this guy could have entered a phishing site, downloaded something with keylogger or other malware, and he might not loving know it. You don't have the full story.