CRP

Author Topic: CRP  (Read 19816 times)

What is CRP? Well, CRP is an abreviation for City RolePlay. It's a spin off of Iban's CityRPG mod but is very different in many ways. I wanted to improve performance and gameplay by adding as much features as I could. In order to add all the features it would be faster just to restart from scratch. So I did.

Features
    • Day/Night Mod
    • Clock/Tick System
    • Item, Health, and Position Saving
    • Jobs System
    • Laboring and Resources
    • Crime System
    • Residential, Commercial, Industrial, and Admin Lots
    • Item and Vehicle Pricing
    • Custom Models for All Tools
    • Bank, Police, Bounty, Labor, and Real Estate Terminals
    • Personal Spawns, Safes, ATMs, and resources.
    • Props for Terminals
    • Experience
    • Drugs

Minor Features
    • Drop Cash, Lumber, and Ore on Death
    • Personal Spawns
    • City Data Saving
    • Job Chat
    • /Text Command

Upcoming Features
    • Farming
    • Ammo
    • Cameras and Witnesses
    • All Custom Vehicles and Weapons

Credits
    Jasa - Main Scripter & Modeler
    Phydeoux - Rock & Ore

Screenshots
Click to enlarge.

Please donate. It helps the development of CRP.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:09:22 PM by Jasa1 »

It would be better than the other city rps if it actually success.

It would be better than the other city rps if it actually success.
Nice to know. The only problems I have with all the CityRPs these days is they are all the same. They all use the same mod with minimal edits and cheap roads and cities.

Making a CityRPG from scratch? Sounds decent.

Making a CityRPG from scratch? Sounds decent.
Yeah. Why hasn't anybody thought of that before?

Yeah. Why hasn't anybody thought of that before?
Because everyone hates them.

And try making this one like, difficult. Not overly difficult, you still have to think of the masses, but not "Hey look, I'm getting pay for doing nothing, and I can finally become a shopkeeper and give myself guns!". It gets boring as forget.

Because everyone hates them.

And try making this one like, difficult. Not overly difficult, you still have to think of the masses, but not "Hey look, I'm getting pay for doing nothing, and I can finally become a shopkeeper and give myself guns!". It gets boring as forget.
I plan to make it so you have to do your job to recieve a paycheck. Cops only get paid if they've made a jail in the last 12 ticks, shop keepers only get paid if they've spawned an item in the last 12 ticks, ect.

Looking forward to this.
What about combat?

I plan to make it so you have to do your job to recieve a paycheck. Cops only get paid if they've made a jail in the last 12 ticks, shop keepers only get paid if they've spawned an item in the last 12 ticks, ect.
Will this work on a real day system not just next day every few minutes.
And make the hunger system killer you after a week.

Looking forward to this.
What about combat?

Will this work on a real day system not just next day every few minutes.
And make the hunger system killer you after a week.
It will be on a tick system.
The ticks are 10 minutes each so it will take you longer to starve and people won't be on the server for 7 days straight so you starve in about 1 hour in game. I'm also going to make it so hungry/injured players move slower so people don't wait till right before they starve to death to eat.
Looking forward to this.
What about combat?
Not sure what you're asking there.

Not sure what you're asking there.
As in, will it be as easy to start random DMing as usual? It can really ruin the game.

I would suggest making stuff to buy besides just guns and lots. Maybe also make stats for players such as fatigue, hunger, thirst, fun(?). Then make things you have to buy to keep those up.

As in, will it be as easy to start random DMing as usual? It can really ruin the game.

I would suggest making stuff to buy besides just guns and lots. Maybe also make stats for players such as fatigue, hunger, thirst, fun(?). Then make things you have to buy to keep those up.
The only real way I could cut down on DMing is by making the weapons more costly. In most RPs weapons cost practically half of that in real life.
As for the other things I guess I'll add thirst and maybe some sort of stamina. Other than that those are the only essentials that you need.

The only real way I could cut down on DMing is by making the weapons more costly. In most RPs weapons cost practically half of that in real life.
As for the other things I guess I'll add thirst and maybe some sort of stamina. Other than that those are the only essentials that you need.
Stamina should be separate from hunger.

You should also make so when a player becomes a criminal (like committing a crime, not the job) above 'star 1', they lost their job and become a civilian or a criminal. People keeping their jobs as high end store keepers with lots of money.

Stamina should be separate from hunger.

You should also make so when a player becomes a criminal (like committing a crime, not the job) above 'star 1', they lost their job and become a civilian or a criminal. People keeping their jobs as high end store keepers with lots of money.
They already get demoted when they are jailed with a job that requires a clean record. The criminals won't get anywhere if they restart every time they get jailed. CityRPs revolve around crime. Shop keepers sell to the criminals so they can kill, officials place bounties on the criminals, bounty hunters kill the criminals and get the bounties, the the cops jail them and it starts all over again after they get out of jail.

This looks like a very promising addon, but try to make it so people can actually Roleplay rather than it ending up like GTA and getting guns out of nowhere.