9 (2.9%)
Morrowind
37 (12%)
Oblivion
69 (22.3%)
Skyrim
188 (60.8%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Megathread  (Read 566143 times)

player becomes the new night mother

I've been playing Vanilla lately, going to play it until I finish a majority of quests and hit a high level.

I've modded my game to the point of it crashing after about 30 minutes. Oh well.

I've modded my game to the point of it crashing after about 30 minutes. Oh well.
>Goes to Steam Workshop
>Downloads the stuff out of the market
>Fully synchronizes all files
>CTDs... CTDs everywhere...

Yogscast Sjin doing a ESO preview.
It makes this game look pretty great. I'm starting to think that if I'm going to play any mmo it's going to be this.

pretty bloom, its nice though

Invested 400~ish hours in Skyrim. Recieved it on release day.

Only found out about the Destroy The Dark Brotherhood quest today. I feel stupid. Really stupid.

Savegame bloating/memory leaks. If I recall correctly there are two fixes:
1) Go indoors. (Your home works best imo.) Wait 24 hours. (I waited 48 to be on the safe side.) Save. Restart Skyrim and load.
2) Disable all mods and do above.

Not too bad. CTD only about once an hour and it takes about a minute to boot the game. Pretty good if you ask me. Took me around 20 hours of just searching and testing mods. Running all default DLC except Dragonborn which I'm getting next week. FPS is also far better than I expected and the textures look a lot better than I remembered, I have fairly few graphical mods. I might take a stroll in the mysterious lands of ENB tomorrow.

Duke Patricks - Archery And Heavy Weapons Combat is freaking amazing. It makes combat endlessly more interesting and unnecessarily complicated but I just skimmed over the +20 page readme and it works fine even though I don't know how the various intricacies work. Battles usually end with three blows by either side.

I was just sneaking in a dungeon when I didn't notice regular bandit-fodder on my right. I heard a scream, one blow and I staggered, and the next blow killed me where I stood. I had no time to react since I had a bow at the time. Mere seconds later Faendal headshots the bandit and he dies. I love this.

Become King of Riverhelm looks like awesome end game content. Lanterns Of Skyrim + Realistic Lighting Overhaul + ULTRA REALISTIC WORLD LIGHTING are also sweet. I haven't noticed any FPS drops so far. For realism I use Realistic Needs and Diseases, Frostfall, Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger, Better Quest Objectives, and Immersive HUD. (The last one is incredible. A must have for realism)

These look promising:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=97512100
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=16345

That sums up my last three days.

player becomes the new night mother
"raised my comatose level to 60 today"

So I just discovered Pinewatch for the first time.

I was going back to Helgen to clear the bandits, and after leaving I was distracted by an elk, and eventually found a hut while chasing said elk. I though I'd take a quick peek inside, I still had a few hundred kg of space. (I'm using a mod that add backpacks and pouches, my max carry weight is around 650 kg. Posting pics tomorrow, my character looks like a proper adventurer. No more storing items in your ass.) Two hours later I'm hauling back over 1800kg of loot. Good thing I have Faendal and Lydia with me. The final room in Pinewatch was awesome! I'm going to be rich!

That said, WTF mod is a must have for anyone replaying the game. Those bandits actually took a lot of effort to take down and there were so many of them. I died five times.

Part 1 of Demian's adventures in Skyrim

Edit: No need to bump.
It's kind of stupid that you can't cancel quests. I talked to that Fralia lady at the Whiterun market because she was apparently selling smithing products. Instead I got a Graymane quest but I don't want to help the Graymanes.

Edit2: Slow thread it seems.
The Hearthfire mansion is insanely beautiful inside though it could use a bit of polish outside. The north wing tower is kind of meh. I personally chose Lakeview Manor with bedroom on the west side for better views (and a better bedroom, the second floor one is tiny), alchemy tower on the north side for superb views, and a kitchen on the right side for exterior looks. Armory could have been nice but the second floor patio makes no sense against a mountain. The bugs listed in UESP scare me a bit though. Some of those are save breakers.

The cellar had a pretty sweet Amnesia feel when empty. I was a bit disappointed to find out that all three manors were identical but they did put a whole lot of effort into all the rooms. I just don't want to touch anything. It's so pretty.

Edit3: I forgot about the troll yesterday. I was so flabbergasted by the Lakeview Manor.
I was wandering around the Falkreath Hold in the early morning and the ENB I use makes shadows especially dark. Due to the limited light in the morning I passed by some trees that were just about pitch black underneath some 20 meters away. I was idly strolling by when I heard something that sounded like galloping except bigger. I turned to the direction of the sound and from the darkness under the trees a black troll charging towards me at full speed. My last though was I'm forgeted and shat my pants. In my final attempts to defend myself I crouched and took out my bow and started loading but the trolls was already within touching distance.

Much to my surprise the troll ran right past me and my followers. It almost nudged me. I believe it was chasing a fox I could see in the distance but I wonder if the crouching had something to do with it. I wasn't in shadow at all, I wonder why it didn't just instakill me right there on the spot. It ran some ways away and the foolishly brave Lydia drew her sword and ran after it. Soon after it stopped and got on two feet as if to look for something. Damn that thing was huge. Lydia was simply standing nearby looking at it. UFO might have broken some logic. I guess it gave up on the fox because it got back on all fours and slowly walked towards me after which I proceeded to sink seven arrows to it's head. It's a shame troll skulls are worth pocket money. Those things can take a beating.

Part 2 of Demian's adventures in Skyrim

A small update on my mod wizardry a few posts up. I was CTD'ing because I didn't read mod descriptions well enough. I had several conflicting mods enabled. I started over with less mods a few days ago. Hunting in Skyrim is still a bit bugged since I can't see any dialogue.

Edit4: So I killed my first mammoth today. I was wandering back to my camp when I saw a mammoth just strolling around my tent. Well I needed to use my camp so I decided to give it a shot. With my trusty essential followers I sunk +20 steel arrows into that things head. Eventually it only had about a third of health left when a frost dragon decided to pay a visit. I was stuffting my pants so I hid under if tree (as if that would help) and continued firing arrows in the mammoth hoping the dragon wouldn't see me. Soon after the dragon was flying still near me. I shot a few arrows into it's chest as I waited for my death. The dragon breathed frost.. into the mammoth killing it. Lucky me. After that it continued to ignore me and flew to Bleakwind Basin to attack the mammoths and giants.

I followed hoping the dragon would lose and indeed it did. Three mammoths and a giant was enough to take it down. One mammoth was hanging around the corpse as I snuck in to loot the dragon and get the soul. My first pair of pants today were ruined as the mammoth charged towards me. I ran away and sighed as my two followers ran in the opposite direct. Well I practically took down one already, I think I can do it again.

Half an hour, four dead mammoths, and two giant's corpses later I'm once again hauling 700 kg of loot to Whiterun. I'm on a roll. I used about 100 steel and iron arrows. Now I need to go and make more. I'm still using an improved imperial bow I got from the Riverwood trader when I was level 2. I'm almost level 16 now. I wish I found some orichalcum so I could improve the orcish bow. I also have an elven bow but it's not as good as the orcish one.

I also came to the realization that food is abundant in Skyrim. I am the Cabbageborn for I only feed on cabbages even though I'm always carrying about 20 types of meat and other foods totaling to over 100 kg. But cabbages are free and they're everywhere...

Part 3 of Demian's adventures in Skyrim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:18:20 AM by Demian »

Did anybody else feel slightly underwhelmed by Miraak? In the trailer he is set up to be some evil man from the past who is ten times more powerful than you, but I beat him in less than ten minutes. (SPOILERS)Hell, in the main quest he doesn't even kill anyone for petes sake. In the actual DLC he is just the stereotypical evil, evil man. Even the missions just go along the lines of "the bad guy has to be killed, so go to _________ and get the _______  so we can stop him!" Just like Dawnguard...

The first wave of ESO Beta invitations has been released

It was a relatively small one so expect larger ones to hit as well. Go check your emails

Does anyone know of a mod that adds a snake to everything's forehead on Skyrim?