2011/10/12 - Blockland Launcher r1361

Author Topic: 2011/10/12 - Blockland Launcher r1361  (Read 55911 times)

Hello,

I'm trying to help my son install the new update. Normally he's able to do what he needs to do in Blockland but he was having trouble so I jumped in to assist. I don’t know much about Blockland so I apologize if I am missing anything simple. I have read through the threads and I see similar issues but some of the details are different than mine.

When we install the new update 'Blockland_Setup_r1361' the install completes and it offers to run Blockland (the launcher) (we also tried the v20 update from the Blockland download page with the same issues and that’s how we found our way to this post) The error we get when starting the launcher is below.

Error Message:
Failed to open 'C:\Users\Kyle\My Documents\Blockland//cache.db'
with error message 'unable to open database file'

There does not seem to be a launcher.log file in his documents\blockland folder.  There is a console.log but no launcher.log in the %userprofile%\documents\Blockland folder.

We installed Blockland to:
C:\Program Files\Blockland\

If I run %userprofile% it opens his profile. If I run "%userprofile%\My Documents\" it comes back “no items match your search (Windows 7). There are two factors here that may be related. First, it's a Windows 7 box that does not appear to have a "My Documents" folder. There is a "My Documents" shortcut pointing to "Documents"  (it’s hidden in his %userprofile% ).

Second, I have his “Documents” redirecting through Group Policy from the Domain Controller he logs into.

The redirect is:
\\dc2\kyle. I don't know if that matters or not but I thought I'd throw it in.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Jeff Avery

Badspot gave me a tip that could possibly temporarily solve your problem.

Add the argument -profilePath "C:\Some\Path" to the shortcut for blockland to direct the launcher to use a specific directory.

Badspot gave me a tip that could possibly temporarily solve your problem.

Add the argument -profilePath "C:\Some\Path" to the shortcut for blockland to direct the launcher to use a specific directory.

OK, used this to start the shortcut on the desktop "C:\Program Files\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -profilePath "\\dc2\kyle\Blockland" and it is downloading the files for the update (the launcher is). Thanks a LOT. I'll post back with any updates.

Thanks again
Jeff

I downloaded Blockland on my laptop a few days ago, but now the blockland launcher is giving me this error that an item can't be found. At the bottom it says to verify the internet and try again. I need suggestions fast so I can get back playing. also I tried the download that Badspot suggested first when it happened. I can not find it in in my computer when i downloaded it. PLEASE help me.

I cant find the launch log for the new launcher.   Heres what happens when I open it if that helps.

Im having this problem again and I did the same thing I did  to fix it last time except now It dose not work. 

Im having this problem again and I did the same thing I did  to fix it last time except now It dose not work. 
Try deleting the cache.db file in your BL folder.

Try deleting the cache.db file in your BL folder.
I feel really stupid.  Thanks. 

I just downloaded it but none of my add-ons from V19 show up on it and i looked in the add-ons folder and they were all in place.
Little help plz.
I give you  :cookie:
I use a mac.

Alright, Badspot, I respect you for making this and I think the new version is cool and all, but I've about had it with these problems.

First of all, this new version screwed up my Blockland.  So I re-installed it finally.  That fixed my RTB problem temporarily.  I have to download RTB4 and install it.  So it downloads, and it says Blockland must close to install RTB4.  Well, it closed, but didn't install.  So I opened up Blockland again through the shortcut, but I didn't have RTB.  I went over to the RTB website and downloaded and installed it.  Started Blockland once again, wasn't there.  I don't know what the forget is wrong with me, or my computer.  I just want to play Blockland again without any problems.

are you pressing shift+tab??????

First of all, this new version screwed up my Blockland.  So I re-installed it finally.  That fixed my RTB problem temporarily.  I have to download RTB4 and install it.  So it downloads, and it says Blockland must close to install RTB4.  Well, it closed, but didn't install.  So I opened up Blockland again through the shortcut, but I didn't have RTB.  I went over to the RTB website and downloaded and installed it.  Started Blockland once again, wasn't there.  I don't know what the forget is wrong with me, or my computer.  I just want to play Blockland again without any problems.

You are going to get a lot better and faster answers on the RTB forums than here.

If Blockland - by itself - doesn't run then definitely post here.

Required file not found

File: /base/help/0. Credits.hfl
Hash:3551704a96f5368bc482c4b37d003 a548df7608

Please verify your internet connection and try again

I'm connected to the internet just fine and I've downloaded the most recent launcher.

it also appears I don't have the file "launcher.log"

Is anyone else getting his error?

You are going to get a lot better and faster answers on the RTB forums than here.

If Blockland - by itself - doesn't run then definitely post here.
I think you must have missed when the RTB forums were shut down.

I downloaded the launcher hoping it would fix my connection problem but it didn't. I get held up on "Getting Server List". Is this a known issue and is there a temp fix for it? Is there any more information I can supply?