Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 446312 times)

Just solved all my driver related issues at once by using driver sweeper. Happy day!

so, i'm thinking about picking up this card during the weekend sale.

http://tiny.cc/nzyrjw

currently have an ati radeon hd 5500

it's stuffe and bottle necks my quadcore processor.

Oh my god in scared, I put in the psu and gpu and it worked the first time giving me an error while installing the video drivers saying it isn't compatible with WinXP, I have Win7 !?!?

Now I restarted and I've been on this screen for around 7 minutes

WHATDO ???????

Wait for it to finish and then restart your computer. I think it's probably just a one time fluke, since I've had those errors before randomly without requiring any fix. Give us some info on what it says when it is done too, just in case.

Wait for it to finish and then restart your computer. I think it's probably just a one time fluke, since I've had those errors before randomly without requiring any fix. Give us some info on what it says when it is done too, just in case.

I restarted the computer, this time skipping my warning saying Windows didn't load correctly, it was due to having a new graphics card with no drivers, I'm getting the latest drivers via Amd.com right now, boy that was scary stuff.  ;-;

I restarted the computer, this time skipping my warning saying Windows didn't load correctly, it was due to having a new graphics card with no drivers, I'm getting the latest drivers via Amd.com right now, boy that was scary stuff.  ;-;
always remember:

DON'T PANIC!  panic is just a trick by the ol' Salem witch crew.

I did a passmark benchmark. It is better than my older by a bit except for one..

My old one was:
2x2Gb 1333MHz CL9
This one is:
2x4Gb 1600MHz CL8

Why is there such a tiny difference and one of the tests actually made it end up the older one better?

There's very little to no difference made in games if you upgrade your ram. 4gb is pretty much good enough for all games though I feel more comfortable with 8gb

I have €800 for a new computer.
what2get.

I've heard that the architecture within aFX-4100 is oddly made, and that I need to get a different version of BIOS, or something.... could someone please tell me the name of a board that:

>Has the kind of BIOS this chip needs

> 240 pin DIMM slot

>100 (minimum) maximum supported CPU wattage

>AM3/AM3+

>ATX/Micro ATX (I only plan to use two sticks of ram so)

>8/16 maximum supported RAM

>Memory type DDR3-1066/1333/1600 / DDR3-1066/1333/1600/1866

>No onboard video (though I can work with it provided there are still ports for actual GPUs)

Have a question.

My radeon card only has one of each moniter type output not including the blue-tipped cable

So I went and bought an HDMI cord, plugged that into my LCD moniter, and used the white-tipped cord on my old Dell moniter.

Before this I was using the white cord on my LCD, and it looked so beyond lovey, but I really want my two screens

This issue, now my Dell has amazing graphics, but my LCD main is all fuzzy on the highest and (recommended) setting, no other settings seem to work, and it's on the highest refresh rate which is 60 and True color setting 32 bit

What can I do?

What can I do?
Go to the manufacturers website and look at FAQs about the card. Google the issue. Try running the display setup wizard from your card's driver.