Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 420293 times)

Not to sound handicapped, but, Is it possible to make a "portable" cpu? like the moniter and the cpu are combined

Some what like the macintosh  classic:

I am going to assume that by "cpu" you mean computer. I think the broadest sense portable means that all of the components required to use it are all one piece. Laptops, tablets, smart phones, and all other portable devices fall into this definition.

What you may be thinking of is an "all-in-one," where the monitor and the rest of the computer are one unit.

guys guys guys guys guys guys

I got a graphics card.

I'm going to be replacing my Radeon HD 6770 with this. It's an upgrade but also to try and fix what is possibly a faulty card.

I'm going to be replacing my Radeon HD 6770 with this. It's an upgrade but also to try and fix what is possibly a faulty card.

aw hell no

you're paying $10-$20 more for a worse performing card than 6870, well by a bit
Get the 6870 not 560

I'd rather have an nvidia, and it's already purchased.

Related to another topic: I really hate it when people ask for advice, everyone gives them advice, and then they totally ignore it and try and defend their original decisions. Make up your mind. /rant

hey guy i'm going to sound really dumb but
if i buy a video card that need PCI 3.0 and i only have 2.0 will it blend that is the question work

Related to another topic: I really hate it when people ask for advice, everyone gives them advice, and then they totally ignore it and try and defend their original decisions. Make up your mind. /rant
loving Stick Man. People prove his computer to be stuff and he just locks the topic.

if i buy a video card that need PCI 3.0 and i only have 2.0 will it blend that is the question work
Yes.

Yes.
But it won't perform as well as it would in a 3.0 slot.