Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 405254 times)

you know ATX isn't a brand right ..

you know ATX isn't a brand right ..
Yes I know it has to do with motherboard specification, but I'm too lazy to write it out.

then why did you use the word "brand" twice lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767
that's seriously the same loving thing only $10 more expensive
you're handicapped
The CPU is old and pretty weak. I'd suggest an an Intel CPU with integrated graphics instead; a Pentium or an i3 would be ideal.
I would also have to agree with this, the Athlon II processors are being phased out, you'd be better with an i3 and to ditch the extra GPU.
My upgrades came in!
jelly :(
ATX brand CPU and ATX brand mobo

derp.
This completely validates that you are handicapped
Yes I know it has to do with motherboard specification, but I'm too lazy to write it out.
The proper words in this case are "form" or "form factor"
lern2lingo

You seriously just wait for me to post and look for the oppurtunity to call me "handicapped" don't you? Why not just leaving me the forget alone. SERIOISLY EVERY loving TIME I post here you have to reply to me calling me handicapped, I'm not the loving king of computers! Instead of calling me handicapped say I'm "incorrect" or something. I wanna say something else but then your probably gonna make a drama.

You seriously just wait for me to post and look for the oppurtunity to call me "handicapped" don't you? Why not just leaving me the forget alone. SERIOISLY EVERY loving TIME I post here you have to reply to me calling me handicapped, I'm not the loving king of computers! Instead of calling me handicapped say I'm "incorrect" or something.
You're giving bad advice and don't know what you're talking about. Seeing as that's typical for someone inexperienced, I apologize for my rude behaviour. However, in some of your posts there are places you could say "I may be wrong about this but bear with me" or the likes. If you don't know a proper term for something: Google exists.
I wanna say something else but then your probably gonna make a drama.
For a petty scuffle like this? What a terrible reason for a drama topic.

You seriously just wait for me to post and look for the oppurtunity to call me "handicapped" don't you? Why not just leaving me the forget alone. SERIOISLY EVERY loving TIME I post here you have to reply to me calling me handicapped, I'm not the loving king of computers! Instead of calling me handicapped say I'm "incorrect" or something. I wanna say something else but then your probably gonna make a drama.

What you said was pretty handicapped. You obviously have no idea of how to build a computer and should stop giving advice until you learn how to build one

Seriously Hells, you're giving pretty crap advice on hardware here, this is peoples money we're talking about and no small amount of it, either.
God forbid they go and spend their money on things you suggest and then realise that they either don't work or aren't as good as something else in the same price-range

Hellspot, the ATX prefix of the mobo's specify their size, in the same time their upgrade possibility because reasons.
(Small) Micro-ATX: Usually this doesn't have that much, usually 2 to 4 RAM slots and just 1 PCI-e card.
(Medium) ATX: Depends.
(Big) Extended ATX: Usually for 4+ RAM slots and 2+ PCI-e cards. Also 2+ CPUs.
These are, at least, the standard types, there are also middlemen and bigger than EATX.

Micro ATX: Orange
ATX: Green
Extended ATX: Blue
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:27:05 AM by LeetZero »

Should I OC my 1.8ghz AMD A8 to 2 ghz? What negative effects should I see long term?

Should I OC my 1.8ghz AMD A8 to 2 ghz? What negative effects should I see long term?

With proper cooling and adjusting the voltage correctly should have no adverse effect at all.

anyone in the market for a 24 inch monitor for wall mounting?

I accidentally snapped the stand(might be able to repair it with some super glue) but using it with a wall mount could still work fine.
I'd sell it cheap, cheap enough to make it worth buying a wall mount along with it.

I don't really have a price in mind but if anyone is interested we can negotiate

anyone in the market for a 24 inch monitor for wall mounting?

I accidentally snapped the stand(might be able to repair it with some super glue) but using it with a wall mount could still work fine.
I'd sell it cheap, cheap enough to make it worth buying a wall mount along with it.

I don't really have a price in mind but if anyone is interested we can negotiate
Assuming it's VESA mount and has HDMI in certain cases it could be used as a TV

it doesn't have hdmi, and I already have a 42 or something inch tv in my room.

the monitor is a sceptre that came with my computer when i bought it off of ibuypower years ago. I don't think anyone sells this monitor anymore because I can't seem to find one online to link to for reference.

I don't really expect any of you guys to buy it, but I also don't want to put forth the effort into actually trying to sell it. I'm fine with keeping it for emergencys or some stuff, but if someone did buy it it'd be nice to have some more money towards a second  one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052 so that my dual monitors actually match.
Rather than having this really nice monitor and this stuffty emachines monitor that I bought at a really low price during a newegg sale.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:58:55 PM by Littledude »