Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 418004 times)

Wait is it built on the motherboard or is it a card?
If its integrated its forgeted.

If its a card than push it back in, if it actually goes back in it was loose.

Give it a bit longer it should work. I've installed enough windows 7 OS's to know what I'm talking about.
Unless its like froze than you're forgeted.
installed it 27 times on multiple computers excluding virtual machines and it has never stalled when moving files from previous versions of windows
there's a problem with your computers
Wait is it built on the motherboard or is it a card?
If its integrated its forgeted.

If its a card than push it back in, if it actually goes back in it was loose.
you didn't even rule the fact that the integrated wireless could be disabled in the BIOS without jumping to the conclusion it's broken
please shut up

you can typically find the card in an expansion slot in a desktop, and under the left part of the keyboard on a laptop
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:52:36 PM by KoopaScooper »

Well it still installed in the end, stop trying to put Maxwell down.

Don't worry Maxwell it should install.

Well it still installed in the end, stop trying to put Maxwell down.

Don't worry Maxwell it should install.
its either moving a big file, or a lot.

its either moving a big file, or a lot.
simulating a typical user folder (2.4GiB) and a typical program files folder (13GiB) it should take 13 to 20 minutes for a 43MB/s write HDD
all modern hard drives have a typical 70MB/s (low-end 5400RPM drives) or more

simulating a typical user folder (2.4GiB) and a typical program files folder (13GiB) it should take 13 to 20 minutes for a 43MB/s write HDD
all modern hard drives have a typical 70MB/s (low-end 5400RPM drives) or more
at least it isn't frozen, is that a good sign?

at least it isn't frozen, is that a good sign?
Windows 7 PE isn't prone to freezing so i guess so

Still hasn't changed, what should I do?

Oh great, the power went out, now I can't perform an in place install. Vista won't reload either, so I'm gonna have to do custom.

OKay, so my friend wants me to build him a computer, he wants it to be close to 500 dollars in pricehnng

i found a good combo deal thing on newegg, it looks good, but there is no psu. what wattage do i need?

OKay, so my friend wants me to build him a computer, he wants it to be close to 500 dollars in pricehnng

i found a good combo deal thing on newegg, it looks good, but there is no psu. what wattage do i need?
Depends what's in it. But generally around 700-800 is fine. You could also have a check of this but take it with a pinch of salt. http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Oh great, the power went out, now I can't perform an in place install. Vista won't reload either, so I'm gonna have to do custom.
you couldn't do an in-place install because it forgeted up, not because of a power outage
if it didn't move for over 30 minutes clearly something was wrong

you couldn't do an in-place install because it forgeted up, not because of a power outage
if it didn't move for over 30 minutes clearly something was wrong
it started going again though, then the power went out, but I've got windows 7 now, drivers too.

Depends what's in it. But generally around 700-800 is fine. You could also have a check of this but take it with a pinch of salt. http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

some things in the combo i cant find on the wattage calculator, here is the actual link to the combo,
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1068943

Can someone explain to me why UEFI makes existing hard drive partitions impossible to install to?