Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 422223 times)

You're not going to find many real cheap full ATX boards.  When I bought my new board I took a look at the super cheap end and could only really find micro ATX.

Found one anyways.

Actually you know what, I'll just put the full ATX on the $400 one since it has no GPU.

Putting in a different case.

That just links me to my cart.  Post the individual items.
Yeah and I also freaked out because zip codes were entered.

Nevermind I'll do it tomorrow when It's not midnight

I'm leaning towards getting an i3 3225, as I'd like to get a low-end GPU to accomodate it. One of the main reasons I'd like to is so that I can finally run BL somewhat decently and finally see the S&S. How would the 3225 and a Sapphire Radeon 6670 do me?

This happens when I try to play sleeping dogs. It's an AMD Radeon HD 7950  if that helps.

Normally there's computers and stuff there.

Something minor but still kind of annoying is that none of the audio jacks seem to work, all sound plays through the monitors speakers, even if I have my headset plugged in. Plus the sound card I've got doesn't show up in dxdiag, or anywhere else actually. It also displays this message when I try to install drivers for it.

I can post anything else about the computer if its necessary.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:03:14 PM by Pepsidude »

I want a mini itx computer but its way too much money to build a computer

Haven't posted in this thread in a LONG time but I feel it's appropriate to do now seeing as I just finished my first build! I'm actually posting from it right now. :D

-snip-

That's a lovey rig.

Pecon, I would expect any build to include an optical drive in the budget, and the $2000 build to have a Blu-ray drive.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:44:39 PM by KoopaScooper »

ALMOST INSTALLED ASDF

And I couldn't take a screen pic because its installing OS.

Hey on Skype last night you said you was using Vista because your Windows 7 disk wasn't there yet.
Good job on upgrading.

Hey on Skype last night you said you was using Vista because your Windows 7 disk wasn't there yet.
Good job on upgrading.
<3

Finally I'm free from vista.