Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 420926 times)

It's a Toshiba and it says "Satellite c655-s5305 System Unit"

Is this what I am supposed t be looking for? And when I searched it on the Toshiba site, there wasn't a c655, just a c650.
Sorry for the huge response time. The computer megathread always disappears to like page 8 and I forget about it.

You have a laptop and the graphics cards on those are nearly impossible to upgrade. Even if you could do it, it would probably be more expensive than just buying a new laptop or desktop.

I think the only time you can upgrade a GPU in a laptop is with a discrete GPU

I think the only time you can upgrade a GPU in a laptop is with a discrete GPU
true

usually, the integrated GPUs are soldered on, but for the new Intel GMA chips, they are in an IC or the CPU.

true

usually, the integrated GPUs are soldered on, but for the new Intel GMA chips, they are in an IC or the CPU.
Same way with AMD and their Radeon 6xxxD GPUs

I think my wireless adapter is semi broken or something. I'm getting very slow speeds consistantly. If it is broken, is it easy to replace on a laptop?
Oh and my downloads start out at normal speeds and then go to 1-15 kb/s speeds.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 04:15:38 PM by Mr.jacksaunt »

Hey can someone look at this APU and tell me if it could run BL and by extension, the S&S?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106001

Hey can someone look at this APU and tell me if it could run BL and by extension, the S&S?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106001
Should be able to run it.  Not on high settings I don't think but it should be able to do the job for minimum for sure.

Not too keen on the HD 6550D or shaders/shadows' specific requirements.

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:15:55 PM by End »

Bump.

Upgrading to windows 7 from vista, is it worth it?

Also tried Linux, forget my life.

Yes.
I've barely tried windows 7, the disc will arrive shortly, if not, tomorrow.

I've barely tried windows 7, the disc will arrive shortly, if not, tomorrow.
It's very intuitive and lightweight.
Honestly, there isn't really a reason not to upgrade to it if you are using Vista.

It's very intuitive and lightweight.
Honestly, there isn't really a reason not to upgrade to it if you are using Vista.
im scared it will asdf up my drivers ;~;