2011/10/24 - Blockland r1395 features

Author Topic: 2011/10/24 - Blockland r1395 features  (Read 50870 times)

Will the pumpkin, treasure chest and gravestone be there after halloween?

We only got them when October was half over, why only use them for less than 10 days?

You're not calling the pumpkin a .dts, right? Because it's actually a .blb. Badspot said he used some converter, didn't specify more than that.
with it.
Hurr, regardless, you can not edit a blb.  Stop being stupid and actually be constructive please.

Stop being stupid and actually be constructive please.

Why are you so grumpy about all the time? Calm down.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:03:48 PM by MegaScientifical »

For anyone wishing to obtain the editor that Rotondo used for his bricks, well...

siba: Rotondo, what editor did you use to make the bricks?
Rotondo: Maya
siba: I mean the converter that converted the model into the BLB format
Rotondo: It was magic

Conversation wasn't exactly like that, but yeah..

(I asked him a few more times afterwards, he either never got my message or just ignored me)
Well stuff.

Hurr, regardless, you can not edit a blb.  Stop being stupid and actually be constructive please.
you CAN modify a BLB, with ease, open it in a text document, and its all right there, its not hidden or anything

get your facts straight before you go and say stuff like that

you CAN modify a BLB, with ease, open it in a text document, and its all right there, its not hidden or anything

get your facts straight before you go and say stuff like that
You can't modify it in a modeling program >.>

Why are you so grumpy about all the time? Calm down.
Cause all you've done in reply to me is try to prove me wrong with dumb comments before actually reading what I'm trying to say.  

I'm just asking 2 simple questions guys, they aren't that hard to understand.  You're just trying to point tiny mistakes in my question out on purpose to be smart.  (the questions aren't even directed at you anyways, its not like you could answer them)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:22:10 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

badspot should make the "renderman" only come up around halloween week using something like if(getword(getdatetime(),0) $= "10/31/11")

There's commands like getCurrentYear and such. Not sure if those are default, though.

badspot should make the "renderman" only come up around halloween week using something like if(getword(getdatetime(),0) $= "10/31/11")

I rather have it all year round. The face makes blockland seem more interesting.

There's commands like getCurrentYear and such. Not sure if those are default, though.
wasnt there a thing in the zombie mod that made all the zombies pirates on a certain day?

Another update just went out a few seconds ago. More Halloween stuff?

It says the Brick_Halloween file was edited, not sure what exactly, though. Maybe it was the music?

Edit:
The problem is that some of the files had lines that ended in \r\r\n instead of just \r\n and the mac version handled this as two separate lines.  I have updated the game to handle this case.

It might have only been a Mac fix for special bricks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:57:43 PM by MegaScientifical »

It says the Brick_Halloween file was edited, not sure what exactly, though. Maybe it was the music?

Edit:
It might have only been a Mac fix for special bricks.
Renderman?Mr. Badspot is renderman real?My friend wants to quit blockland because of it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:14:42 PM by David819 »

I believe all Badspot did was modify the game and complex default BLB files to prevent major errors for Mac users.

Edit:
An engine fix I submitted has just been put onto the launcher, so clicking anywhere within a window will now make that window the active window which is pretty awesome in terms of usability. Before, you had to click on the window itself and none of the child controls.

Apparently, it also had an engine fix where clicking elements within a GUI window will also bring it up. Before, you had to click the window itself. Clicking things like a list in a window wouldn't bring it to the top.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:35:47 PM by MegaScientifical »