2011/10/24 - Blockland r1395 features

Author Topic: 2011/10/24 - Blockland r1395 features  (Read 50218 times)

And did you run BL before looking in there?

Did you look in "my documents" instead of program files?
Yes
And did you run BL before looking in there?

And yes.

I reinstalled Blockland and now it works...
Whatever.

Dun know if he was pulling my leg

For anyone wishing to obtain the editor that Rotondo used for his bricks, well...

siba: Rotondo, what editor did you use to make the bricks?
Rotondo: Maya
siba: I mean the converter that converted the model into the BLB format
Rotondo: It was magic

Conversation wasn't exactly like that, but yeah..

(I asked him a few more times afterwards, he either never got my message or just ignored me)

For anyone wishing to obtain the editor that Rotondo used for his bricks, well...

(I asked him a few more times afterwards, he either never got my message or just ignored me)
Everyone
Be on the look out for a BLB converter for Maya called "Magic"

Edit:And I meant releasing the actual model file so people can edit it.  I'm pretty sure you can't edit a dts file, I've been told multiple times.

You're not calling the pumpkin a .dts, right? Because it's actually a .blb. Badspot said he used some converter, didn't specify more than that.

That's because it'd be called an exporter, and having it out would more likely have a ton of stuffmods made with it.

That's because it'd be called an exporter, and having it out would more likely have a ton of stuffmods made with it.
Then you don't download those mods, or remove them or w/e, refusing to give out something just because you're worried others will use it wrong is just stupid

Badspot allows users to create add-ons for blockland, and simply failbins and removes the ones that cause problems, if Badspot based his add-on system on whether or not the users created mods that were only of a certain quality, or didn't cause problems to the game/users, the add-on system would not exist

its like hydralisk's drama over his dragon mod being used as a dragon RP, and then refusing to release further mods based on that exact reason

Then you don't download those mods, or remove them or w/e, refusing to give out something just because you're worried others will use it wrong is just stupid

Badspot allows users to create add-ons for blockland, and simply failbins and removes the ones that cause problems, if Badspot based his add-on system on whether or not the users created mods that were only of a certain quality, or didn't cause problems to the game/users, the add-on system would not exist

its like hydralisk's drama over his dragon mod being used as a dragon RP, and then refusing to release further mods based on that exact reason
Except badspot does stuff like that all the time already
He removed shapename changes because on what, two servers, people were using it to impersonate others. He secured the score system and playerlist stuff so we couldn't fake it, because a few people abused it. He removed the ability to get player positions clientside in what is meant to be a sandbox game, because of aimbots.

Things get abused in a couple of places and no matter how many legitimate uses, if they're not really vital they get cut out. I could have nicely optimized target tracking in compass mod and keep it to targets the server wanted you to track by default, but now I have to constantly send position updates in clientcmds. I could have short-distance shapenames on NPCs to denote who they are in RPGs, but now I have to use a dumb hack to do that too.

Long story short, Truce happens then stuff gets removed.

Seriously, half of the community would kill for a BLB exporter. And you'd think that Badspot of all people could fix the BLBs up after exporting. But the only support the modders get from Badspot is the freedom to continue doing it. Some days it's fun, other days it's frustrating having to work with a stuff community, limited engine and no tools.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:54:25 AM by M »

He removed shapename changes because on what, two servers, people were using it to impersonate others. He secured the score system and playerlist stuff so we couldn't fake it, because a few people abused it. He removed the ability to get player positions clientside in what is meant to be a sandbox game, because of aimbots.

Things get abused in a couple of places and no matter how many legitimate uses, if they're not really vital they get cut out. I could have nicely optimized target tracking in compass mod and keep it to targets the server wanted you to track by default, but now I have to constantly send position updates in clientcmds. I could have short-distance shapenames on NPCs to denote who they are in RPGs, but now I have to use a dumb hack to do that too.

Seriously, half of the community would kill for a BLB exporter. And you'd think that Badspot of all people could fix the BLBs up after exporting. But the only support the modders get from Badspot is the freedom to continue doing it. Some days it's fun, other days it's frustrating having to work with a stuff community, limited engine and no tools.
As sad as it is, this is true. A few jackasses ruin the fun for everyone.

RECV: ADDCONSOLE % ERROR: ForceRequiredAddOn() - "Gamemode_zombie" is not a valid add-on
RECV: ADDCONSOLE % BackTrace: ->[TreasureChestPackage]onStart->[TreasureChestPackage]serverPart2->[TreasureChestPackage]dedicatedKeyCheck->[TreasureChestPackage]initDedicated->[TreasureChestPackage]createServer->[TreasureChestPackage]onServerCreated->[TreasureChestPackage]loadAddOns->ForceRequiredAddOn

anyone explain to me of gamemode zombie with Treasure Chest error?

You would rather the add-on engine be disabled, because some people, say, Bushido, create the mini-nuke, or some people make aimbots, as long as this game is public, theres always going to be starfishs, its just the way it goes, you can't force someone to act mature on an online game, all those functions are removed for good reason, if he disabled the ability to create add-ons all together just because of that, then I wouldn't even be here, I barely use blockland for its building system, its nearly all for creating new content for the game

Will the pumpkin, treasure chest and gravestone be there after halloween?

Will the pumpkin, treasure chest and gravestone be there after halloween?
I hope so, just to be safe, you should save em to a seperate file if you really want to keep em

I think its staying, I don't see why he would get rid of all this awesome content just because its not a certain holiday

He'll probably remove Prepper after Halloween so people can use the rest of the .zip without constantly being scare-spammed.

He'll probably remove Prepper after Halloween so people can use the rest of the .zip without constantly being scare-spammed.
I do see prepper getting removed, yes, can't wait to see what he has in store for christmas :D!