Author Topic: 2011/10/24 - Blockland r1395 features  (Read 48185 times)

It's worth doing yourself if you have the .png.
I'm sorry? I'm asking people to send me color suggestions for changing the color of the gold inside the treasure chest here

EDIT: HOLY forget, 183 FACES? FOR THE TREASURE CHEST BRICK? ARE YOU SERIOUS? you can fill the loving bedroom with the tree brick and lag blockland a bit, THIS IS A LETHAL WEAPON COMPARED TO IT, bricks should NEVER go over 32 faces

EDIT2: the coverage doesen't even hide the faces that are hidden by any bricks, god damn badspot...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:11:35 AM by soba »

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm sorry? I'm asking people to send me color suggestions for changing the color of the gold inside the treasure chest here

EDIT: HOLY forget, 183 FACES? FOR THE TREASURE CHEST BRICK? ARE YOU SERIOUS? you can fill the loving bedroom with the tree brick and lag blockland a bit, THIS IS A LETHAL WEAPON COMPARED TO IT, bricks should NEVER go over 32 faces

EDIT2: the coverage doesen't even hide the faces that are hidden by any bricks, god damn badspot...

There is no polite way to phrase this:  you are talking straight out of your ass.  You're probably spending more time rendering the bedroom interior or the player models than you are the bricks.  Static opaque bricks are one of the least expensive things in the game.  A single JVS door is more than 50 times as expensive as a treasure chest.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:17:51 AM by Badspot »

Awws. The treasure chest behavior is fully scripted, only the sound is done with events.

that player position saving is great
gonna change blockland

Why would this ever happen? I start the game to update and test, and I get this message. Of course it is missing, because you're supposed to be installing it. I already fixed it by deleting my cache, but that was very discouraging.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:01:52 AM by MegaScientifical »

Code: [Select]
ERROR: Brick datablock "brickTreasureChestOpenData" has no uiname
BackTrace: ->SM_StartMission->createServer->onServerCreated->verifyBrickUINames

The brick works fine though.

Badspot

• Administrator

Why would this ever happen? I start the game to update and test, and I get this message. Of course it is missing, because you're supposed to be installing it. I already fixed it by deleting my cache, but that was very discouraging.

It failed to download or failed to write it to the cache.db file.  If you could repeat the error and post your console.log file that would be helpful.

Must have been a normally laggy server, brb, filling the bedroom with chest bricks

EDIT: wow....I'm speechless, you optimized the bricks like crazy...what face count WOULD it take to finally lag the server? o.o, also, I'm still curious as to what program you used to create the brick

I had a friend with a high-end computer join, he got 70 FPS when looking at all 7917 bricks, 110 FPS when looking away, each brick is 183 faces, the brick face count in my server was 1.44881e+006, BLB is truly amazing
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:19:32 AM by soba »

If a chest is open while saving, it wont load.

Edit: and then if you place a new one in it's exact location, it tells you you already opened it, but doesn't add to your total chest count.

...what face count WOULD it take to finally lag the server?
Infinity because faces cannot lag the server

Infinity because faces cannot lag the server
then how come weapons, vehicles, and other shapes of the sort lag the server when spammed? is it not the face count on them that lags the server?..

then how come weapons, vehicles, and other shapes of the sort lag the server when spammed? is it not the face count on them that lags the server?..
The server isn't lagging, as the server doesn't render shapes.
Your client is.

If you want to change your question to "...what face count WOULD it take to finally lag the client?" I will answer that with:
There isn't a definite answer, and it varies depending on how much/little fps is considered lag, and each individual person's computer specs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:28:55 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

There also seems to be a typo.

%client.fountTreasureChestList[%client.numFoundTreasureChests] = %hash;

what If I found them all treasure chest are found 2/2 and there no benefit without events for awesome rewards, for example weapons, vechile, items, etc....