7 (9.2%)
Trance
9 (11.8%)
Hardstyle/Hard Dance
8 (10.5%)
Moombah/Glitch Hop/Downtempo
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: The EDM Megathread - Monday Monstercat release!  (Read 203954 times)

Does anyone here produce while high?
Is it easier to create for you if you do?
most of the songs porter robinson has made he has made while rolling face

So Ephixa's ScubaShark is sounding so freakin' lovey.

I'm almost back to full creativity. 2 more days max until I can get back to producing.

Maybe if I take it a bit slower I wont have such a long dry spell.

That's literally how I'd like to think I work.

Okay guys I really need your help. I'm making this retro-sounding track and I honestly don't like it. Every time I hear it, something seems missing. Something should be added to the song and I don't know what. I know vocals would be nice, but I can't find a singer/I can't edit vocals very well.

Please help a brother out and tell me what you guys think is missing from it :c

linkydoo

Ladies and gents, I present 10 minutes on iMaschine:

http://soundcloud.com/sorxiis/amino-3-imaschine

Anyways it's pretty good and highly customizable, I recommend it if you have ideas you need to sketch down but can't do it on paper. (A problem I've seen in this thread very frequently.)

Okay guys I really need your help. I'm making this retro-sounding track and I honestly don't like it. Every time I hear it, something seems missing. Something should be added to the song and I don't know what. I know vocals would be nice, but I can't find a singer/I can't edit vocals very well.

linkydoo
Also I kinda hated the beginning.
and if i remember correctly I think you should cut up your melody into more notes.

Like take a half note and make it two quarter notes that are right next to eachother. That often fixes my melodies when I hate them.

CHECK THIS GUY OUT

I've been following him for years and he produces fantastic music. Here's his soundcloud with his other free releases

He hasn't garnered much of a following, but he really deserves it in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:11:05 AM by Katadeus »

CHECK THIS GUY OUT

I've been following him for years and he produces fantastic music. Here's his soundcloud with his other free releases

He hasn't garnered much of a following, but he really deserves it in my opinion.
how the forget does this guy only have 9 followers on soundcloud

well, he used to have 8

;)

linkydoo
try lowering the BPM to 125 and sidechaining all of the synths to the drum

Monstercat Media is a collaborative music project strongly centered around promoting new and upcoming artists created by the same people who brought you Monstercat Design and Monstercat Gaming. They have released a total of eight nine albums and counting. Their songs consist of all kinds of electronic music, including, but not limited to, dubstep, drumstep, hard dance, electro, house, drum and bass, trance, and hardstyle. Monstercat Media is operated and managed by Mike Darlington, Ari Paunonen, and James Leusink (also known as Ephixa).

LATEST RELEASE(S):
[EDM] Televisor - Strut

Monstercat on Bandcamp
Monstercat on iTunes (latest album)

Here is a list of artists in the Monstercat family.

Monstercat Media releases new songs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wasn't Ephixa kicked out?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:55:41 AM by Skunkman »

Wasn't Ephixa kicked out?

no lol, he's still with them as far as I know. next time I talk to Rez I'll ask him about it though.

edit: super nice new one from Savant out on Tasty Network today
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:05:00 PM by Raeyok »