Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1627869 times)

Still miles behind the Bluzone in posts, and Bluzone has been dead for like a year.
Bluzone isn't even in the Top 10 Topics. The number 1 topic is the MLP topic.
We have a long way to march.

Can't wait for the next Sky Captain beta where Aware and Pecon stop being secret agents.
I honestly wonder what he is going to be. I originally thought he was a pirate who flew a flying rowboat and shot cannons at you.

So I just realized that the classes are named after Gang Garrison 2's classes.

Bluzone isn't even in the Top 10 Topics. The number 1 topic is the MLP topic.
We have a long way to march.
Off-topic doesn't count. :(

i had a few small ideas that are most likely stuff and will be shot down immediately but what the hell i'll pitch 'em anyways. goddamn browser is lagging as I type these

ability tokens
basically tokens you can buy in the shop to grant you an ability for the round, such as reduced self damage (for frequent rocket-jumpers) or a very slow health regen when you aren't moving (useful for newer heavies who tank a lot of damage and have no medic present). optionally a small token model could be mounted to the player's torso.

boss skins
an aesthetic feature for bosses which allows the boss to change the way he looks a little bit --would probably just change the weapon models and/or accessories of the boss's avatar, although more complex skins could change the particles, projectile models, or even overhaul the boss's entire avatar. would cost maybe 5-12 boss coins per skin, depending on the complexity of it, and perhaps require that you have played whichever original boss you want to buy a skin for at least a certain number of times. i stole the idea from league of legends :)

custom auras for donators
speaks for itself -- more auras for the donator to choose from. instead of just fire, players could choose from a number of particles to sport such as electricity, or cold fog. would be nice for any donator that wanted to have a theme to their look.

Everything is fine but...
ability tokens
basically tokens you can buy in the shop to grant you an ability for the round, such as reduced self damage (for frequent rocket-jumpers) or a very slow health regen when you aren't moving (useful for newer heavies who tank a lot of damage and have no medic present). optionally a small token model could be mounted to the player's torso.

If these don't stack then it's fine.

Everything is fine but...
If these don't stack then it's fine.

If they don't stack, how would they work at all?

ability tokens
I think that a better example for an ability token would be to remove the runner's doublejump in exchange for jets

it has to take something away, not just add a bonus, otherwise it would be unbalanced
for example

heavy gets +1 hp per second in exchange for -50 hp.

or

On hit, player restore 5% of the damage dealt to the boss to the player
Player takes 25% more damage
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:12:43 AM by Quote Story »

Website needs to be updated.  :cookie:

This has nothing to do with boss battles, but how do i get a profile picture? I have tried to upload a picture but it wont open. Help please?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:34:26 AM by LazeQuicksman »

If they don't stack, how would they work at all?
imagine a token for reduced impact damage. stack that until you have 100% impact damage reduction and fight ephialtes.

This has nothing to do with boss battles, but how do i get a profile picture? I have tried to upload a picture but it wont open. Help please?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=18051.0
this should answer your question, even tho it is off topic.

imagine a token for reduced impact damage. stack that until you have 100% impact damage reduction and fight ephialtes.
simple, make it so tokens can't stack on themselves. but you could have impact damage, increased damage, increased speed, ect. stacked on each other.

So would tokens be in the 5k range to buy then because they would have to be unless you want super normals every round.

So would tokens be in the 5k range to buy then because they would have to be unless you want super normals every round.
or have downsides to it
cough

or have downsides to it
cough

Or make it 5k points and have downsides

Also, explode on death token would be neat
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:10:17 PM by Gizmo. »

Also, explode on death token would be neat

except almost every boss is ranged

except almost every class is ranged

Rotondo, William, Penth with Sword, Demolator at times, Badspot with Wand

You could also Self Delete and blow up, that might not work though depending on the damage.