Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604438 times)

Going to add this to the website.
YES! Pecon7's english lesson.

Going to add this to the website.

Let me add a couple more sections before, please.

Let me add a couple more sections before, please.
Don't forget the "and then" problem.

http://bossbattles.pecon.us/admincenter/tips.html

I'll update with the new sections you were going to add when you say you're totally done.

Added a couple more sections. I think that's all.

This might be common sense, but here's a little extra:

Single: One
Double: Two
Triple: Three
Quadruple: Four

Couple: Two
Few: Three to five
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:18:05 AM by Darkness ZXW »

http://bossbattles.pecon.us/admincenter/tips.html
I just fully read that and now understand SEVERAL mistake I made. I broke, essentially, all 5 Don'ts. Fail.

Added a couple more sections. I think that's all.
I take back everything I've ever said, Darkness. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:18:47 AM by SkyHawk »

"Whats" is a plural of "What".

When is "What" ever plural?

"I heard several whats come from the audience, but I paid no mind."

"There are three whats in that sentence."

By the way, here's a snippet from a small section of a book I read once:

"Hello." His father said, "I am here."

It should have been:

"Hello," his father said, "I am here."

Notice how there is a comma when the main sentence continues after the quote, and if it ends there is a period.

More quote magic:

Wrong:

The witness said, "He said, "I remember.""

Right:

The witness said, "He said, 'I remember.'"

A ' for a quote inside a quote, and a " for the outer quotes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:28:12 AM by Darkness ZXW »

"There are three whats in that sentence."

"I heard several whats come from the audience, but I paid no mind."

Owned.

-Book Snippet-
It's funny on News Channels, but tear-jerking in books.

EDIT: I just thought of a another one. When using a quote that ends your sentence, you must still put the mark on the INSIDE of the quotation, NOT on the outside.
Wrong: I said, "There was lots of fun on the beach".
Right: I said, "There was lots of fun on the beach."

EDIT 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QttSJlHbKwk&feature=player_embedded < Nerd... gasm.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:35:08 AM by SkyHawk »

I originally made half of that because of some quotes in the DayZ topic:

1000's? who in their right mind even spawn that many?
Look at the pic tat as at-lest 40 or 50 zombies

And it got so long I renamed it "Admin Application Grammar Tips" and moved it here.

APPLICATIONS

======================
Name: Redconer
BL_ID: 33688
Previous Experience Administrating: Mantax64's sever, Jack Sparrow (indyjones)'s server, and Who wants chocolate?'s server.
Who recommends you?: Mantax64 and megamanxzero99
Why  should I accept you? (Please elaborate): I am not a badmin, I don't  abuse admin (because my brother doesn't like me to), admins trust me  when I'm an admin in a server, I have lots of building ideas, and I LOVE  Pecon7's Boss Battles!
Your Timezone/Region: CDT (Texas)
Gizmo: Typical rubbish app, needs more flavor flave
No
Pecon7: The fact that you don't abuse admin doesn't help your case. Not abusing admin is assumed.
No
Jetz: You didn't read my tips for how to not write a terrible application, did you?
No.
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackPARROT:
No
Phantom Knight:
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Danny Boy: No valid reasons why you should be accepted
No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: Very average, nothing that isn't automatically expected of the admins
No
0% - Denied
======================
Name: Air Glider
BL_ID: 17518
Previous Experience Administrating:  Cat123's TUKC: Knife TDM, Crown's Jail Escape!, Owl's Trench Warfare   CTF, Ace2343's Servers, Nobot's Servers, AeroMcFly's Dogfight Server,  Danny Boy's Halo TDM
Who  recommends you?: Crown (2143), Darren  (7893), Armageddon (118), Owl  (17016), Nobot (2127), Cat123 (23462),  Legend Of Tacos (12458), Ace2343  (10677),  Greek2me (11902), Sponge  (6408), Gameking (16763), AeroMcFly  (16258), Dr.shoe... (29736) Danny  Boy (3166)
Why should I accept you?: I am very good  with running a  server. I've hosted a few before that have gotten very large amounts of  players. For example one is my current Deathcube server that has only  been progressing in server players. I also could help make sure that it  stays under  control. I could also be a huge contributer to your server.  I always plan to play on this  amazing server no matter what. I look to  not get the admin and brag that  I have it, I want to do what is right  and help make the server one of  the best there is in Blockland. Modesty  is a great trait to have for this kind of request but I plan to use  modesty only to the point where I won't let it interfere with my work on  enforcing the rules on your server.
Your Timezone/Region: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Gizmo: Decent App, at least the explaination is good. Recommendations are good.
Yes
Pecon7:
Yes
Jetz: You are not allowed to brag about your modesty. It doesn't work that way. Good recommendations, though. Except for Armageddon.
Undecided. Can someone verify the recommendations?
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
Yes
TheBlackParrot:
Yes
Phantom Knight:
Yes
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Danny Boy: Good amount of past experience and recommendations with some good reasons
recommend
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: Yes if he diddn't intend to brag about his server and the reccommendations are valid I Have to assume this one is yes.
100% - Accepted
======================
Name:Nathaniel2
BL_ID:35882
Previous Experience Administrating:Creeper Assissian's Server,Marco The Epic's DeathMatch Server.
Who Recommends You:Creeper Assissian,Marco The Epic
Why  Should I Accept You:You should accept me because after having past  experience as Admin,I learned that people only became Admin for  respecting the rules and helping others while on the  server.Otherwise,people would just ignore those who are not discipline.I  can help edit objects and items that seem to have problems  functioning.As an Admin,I have respeced all players and played fairly.I  am not such a good builder on new designs though,I hope that whatever I  have to build will be easy.
Gizmo: Format and Recommendations are rubbish
No
Pecon7:
No
Jetz: One of your recommendations misspelled their own name and the other has the word "Epic" in it. Perhaps you also want to add Ed from "Good Burger" to the list?
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy:
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: "I can help edit objects" ?
No
0% - Denied
======================
Application: Admin
Name: Saxophone
BL_ID: 25721
Previous Experience  Administrating: Hosting many servers, LargeVirus, EpicMuffin, The Ghast  Leader, Blockhead31735, Adam Savage, AwesomeEric
Who recommends you?: EpicMuffin, Deoxys And One Noob, Adam Savage, Blockhead31735, AwesomeEric
Why should  I accept you? (Please elaborate): You should accept me because I have  had a lot of experience at administrating. Every host I have been admin  for would recommend me. I am very knowledgeable at keeping large masses  of players under control. I will attend all admin meetings, keep in  touch, and maintain a good rep. I also am experienced at  hosting different types of servers. I have hosted simple ideas such as  Crumble DMs to more complicated such as Slayer gamemodes and Salvage and  on everyone, I made sure it was peaceful. I hope you will consider my  admin application and I would be a great addition to the admin team of  your server. I will be happy with any decision you make and I will  respect your choice. Thank you for your time.
Your Timezone/Region: EST
Gizmo: I don't like the recommendations or the experience.
No
Pecon7:
No
Jetz: I'd actually say this one is better than average in the reasons, so clearly there is some effort here. Still, recommendations leave a bit to be desired.
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
No; I've seen him around in-game, he seems kinda eh for an admin.
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy: I have had to mute you a few times recently for chat spam which makes me think you are not mature enough to administrate.
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: I've seen this guy before and based on this application he diddnt provide many reasons to accept him, so No.
0% - Denied
======================
Name: Infested
Blockland ID: 15958
Previous Experience Administrating:  I haven't Administrated in any MAJOR servers, but some of my friends  usually host Non-Dedicated servers that could usually have a lot of  players.  Some examples: FreeBuilds, Call of Duty, Miltary RP, Family  RP, etc.
Who recommends you?:  xXGameXx (ID: 31212), Potammies  (ID:26632), Bandolier (ID: 14071), Gabe Duncan (ID: 9179)...Other  friends host, I'm just not sure if they recommend me or not ;)
Why Should I Accept You?:  Even though I haven't been Admin on any big servers, I still DO know  how to be an appropriate Admin.  I've been admin on other games (doesn't  necessarily mean Minecraft ;p) so I know the different types of people.   If you ask some of my friends, I will never turn my back or be a [so  called] badmin.  I have given a few suggestions, though I guess Jetz  didn't think it would work out ;p.  I have been playing this server for  probably about a month or so, so I know a lot about the server.  So if  anyone had a question, I would be more than happy to help them out ;).   I'm 16 years old, so I know how to deal with fights, so I will be able  to easily settle fights between players. I'm usually on Blockland about  4-6 hours a day (lifeless) and most of that time is spent on Pecon's  Boss Battles.  I do not want admin just to brag and abuse my powers, I  would like admin because I love to help out other players, and make sure  the server is very calm.  I have also experienced people who try to  ruin the server, so I know very well how to deal with situations like  those. I also have a good sense of humor, so I know when someone is just  kidding around or is serious (ex: calling a player a richard).  I hate to  cheat, because whats the fun of that?  If other admins tell me to do  something, I'll be sure to do it :).
Time Zone: US Standard Eastern Time
Gizmo: Seeing him in game he seems alright, I do always stress recommendations though.
Undecided
Pecon7: Got a tip on him displaying bad administrator habits.
No
Jetz: Seems alright. No good recommendations, but the reasons seem well written and level-headed.
Yes
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
Yes
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy: Previous experience and the reasons need some work as well as the reasons.
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: He seems alright, but his reccommendations worry me.
Yes if he can handle very stressfull situations
40% - Denied
======================
Admin Application
Name: Darkness
BL_ID: 22088
Timezone: EST
Previous Experience Administrating: All of the servers of the people who recommended me.
Who recommends you?: Ben Grapevine (The)Owl Arekan YoungRotations (He's banned at the time, but I will send a picture of him saying he recommends me over Blockland/Steam)
Why should I accept you? (Please elaborate):  I'm not going to tell you that I'm going to make your server the best  ever or give everyone cookies if you accept me. Because that's not  realistic. I'm not going to be horrible, though; I'm going to try my  hardest at everything I do on this server. I will stop most fights, and I  don't expect to be given any special features, other than moderation  privileges. I will be loyal to the host and respect other admins, even  if they become admins later than I do. I'm not going to be on every  second of every day, but I'm going to try to be on as much as I can.  Thank you for your time.
Gizmo: I like Ben but with the experience I hate when people say stuff like that, even though it isn't completely vague. Also 3 servers isn't all that great.
No
Pecon7:
Yes
Jetz: See, this is modesty done properly. Has anyone else noticed the recurring double space between a few words on several of these applications? Shows where people paused to think or corrected something.
Yes
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
Yes
TheBlackParrot:
Yes
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy: You are assumed to do the things you stated in your reasons. Give names for previous experience.
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: The application is too vague, I can't tell if he's saying he's average, above average, or below average
No
62% - Denied
======================
Name:Jack Sparrow(indyjones)
BL_ID: 33068
Previous Experience  Administrating: I've been helping people on servers like jackyboy and  some others, putting them in line like a teacher and a class of  students, no bossing around, just putting them in line.
Who recommends you?: jackyboy, ZEK, and Kong123
Why  should I accept you? (Please elaborate):Because im not only a 33k  BL_ID, i've known blockland for a long time, but mostly to get then in  line and to put then in control.
Your Timezone/Region:Eastern Standard Time(USA), Eastern Seaboard (Eastern USA).
Gizmo: Rubbish
No
Pecon7: Barely any effort.
No
Jetz: Well, this is refreshing. After several tough calls we get an easy one. When will people learn that putting people in lines will only make it really easy for the boss to kill them?
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight:
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Danny Boy: Complete lack of effort
No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: ZERO effort here, absolutely no.
0% - Denied
======================
Name: Polywater
BL_ID: 12618
Previous Experience:
-[]----[]'s Mafia Madness; Super Admin. Been SA on his server since I was a newb. c:
-AeroMcFly's BF3 TDM; (All versions from V3.1) Super Admin.
-Gentoo's Server; Admin. Few months.
-Axolotl's Server; both SA and A.
Who recommends me:
-AxoltlOutOfTheWater
-Brackets (that's his nickname.)
-AeroMcFly
Timezone: Eastern Seaboard, EST, etc.
Gizmo: Failed to follow the application.
No
Pecon7: Skipped an important section
No
Jetz: Failed to follow the application.
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
I've seen you on Gentoo's quite a few times, but I'm unsure...
maybe?
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy: I don't know if this was a mistake in pasting the app but I'm not seeing any reasons here.
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: Diddnt even follow the application format, no.
0% - Denied

======================
Name: Aware (Previously MrAware/Aware14)
BL_ID: 9374
Previous Experience Administrating:

Ghille's Server

Cucumberdude's Server

Who Cares99's Server

Wulf's Server

Zapk's server

Who recommends you?:

Ghille

Hydralisk

Khain

WhiteStorm

Ceist

Agent Creeper

Pecon7

Kimon

Why should I accept you?:  You should accept me because I am on server a lot of my day, so I will  be available for moderating almost any time any day. I want to  contribute to the server without spending my money. A lot of your admins  are inactive. I plan to work hard at being a good admin. I do not act  out of my emotions to other players. I want to help with problems that  only an admin can fix. Most of the admins on the server do not enforce  the rules as well as they should, I plan to do better than them. I want  to possibly use my amature modeling skills to help with the development  of the server. I am more of a serious person, not one the fools around.
Your Timezone/Region: Central Time Zone, UTC/GMT -6 hours.
Recommended on thread.
Gizmo: Seems decent, Pecon's recommendations is good but I don't like some of the others.
Undecided
Pecon7: Well rounded in just about everything.
Recommend
Jetz: Seems good, well written, recommendation from Pecon. Everything here seems in-
WAAAAAIIIIT a minute.... You're the guy who sent me this, aren't you - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=145001.0 <-- (You were trolled, lol, Gizmo wrote this) <-- Piss off, this stuff is gonna get posted and we don't need you confusing everyone by interjecting messages in other peoples' reviews.
Back on topic: Eh, you seem considerably less stupid now than then, so whatever.<-- (Don't worry I fixed it, this was also Gizmo) <-- Well keep your changes above the part where I say "Back on topic."
BACK ON TOPIC: Yes
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
Yes
TheBlackParrot:
Recommend
Phantom Knight:
Yes
Danny Boy: Good layout, good recommendations and previous experience but you sound a little insulting to other admins
Yes
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx:
Yes, and i enforce the rules fine thank you
100% - Accepted
======================
Name:  Manty
BL_ID:  2059
Previous Experience Administrating:  My servers, Barnabas', Jorgur's, Heedicalking's, Iban's, Xang's, Jaydee's, Space Guy's, Tails', and more. 
Who recommends you?:   I haven't asked anyone if they will recommend me as admin by posting  in the thread saying they do.  If someone wants to recommend me after  seeing my application they are free to do so.  I don't think asking  friends to recommend me means I'm a good admin.
Why should I accept you? (Please elaborate):   I've had a pretty good amount of experience administrating servers.   I've decided to apply for admin because I spend quite a lot of time  jumping on this server (as regular players probably know) and I'd like  to help keep it in line.  I'm pretty tolerant and don't ban or kick  much.  I make my own add-ons every now and then (definitely more of a  modeler than a scripter) and could probably contribute graphic work if  ever needed (decals, faces, logos, etc.).
Your Timezone/Region:  Eastern Time Zone, GMT/UTC -5.
Recommended on thread.
Gizmo: I like the experience and your style.
Recommend
Pecon7: More than qualified and convincing.
Yes
Jetz: Seems good. I think you were also an admin on my server back when I used to host skiing servers and whenever I went afk would distribute admin powers to the most level-headed person.
Yes
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
Panties yes
TheBlackParrot:
Yes
Phantom Knight:
Recommended. Do to seeing his past work on Heedicalking he is a good fit.
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Danny Boy: Get your recommendations before you post and I think your reasons could do with some work
No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx:
Yes
87% - Accepted
======================
Name: Hotspot
BL_ID: 25231
Previous Experience Administrating: I  administrated NXTMASTER´s server, it was a big challenge because it was  32 people simultaneously, but me and NXT did it.
Who recommends you?: NXTMASTER, Shadowcrusnik.
Why  should I accept you? (Please elaborate): You should accept me because, i  try to answer as many question as possible, evict fights, and keep the  server peacefull and correct.
Your Timezone/Region: |-3|
Gizmo: lol Jetz
No
Pecon7: Doesn't meet the requirement of writing your application correctly.
No
Jetz: How is keeping the server peaceful a good idea? The point of the game is for a bunch of crazy bloodthirsty weaklings to get beat up by one badass strong guy over and over again.
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight:
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Danny Boy: Just no
No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx:
No.
0% - Denied
======================
Application:  Admin
Name:  Blockman01
BL_ID:  15847
Previous  Experience Administrating:  in my days of administrting i became a  great admin.Protecting the server from people who are bieng noobish and  disobeying admins and de-admining abusers
Who recommends you?:  logan1243, mrhappy56, Anthonyrules77, blockman02, ghost rider and bobafet5
Why  should I accept you? (Please elaborate): if you accept me ill be a kind  admin and if im gonna do any thing ill ask and i have good server  suggestions and ill be there most of the time to protect it.
Your Timezone/Region: Central
Gizmo: Rubbish
No
Pecon7: Poorly written, not convincing at all, and you did previous experience all wrong.
No
Jetz: Poorly written, reasons lacking, didn't detail past experience, overall lack of effort, ect, ect, we've been through this before.
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight:
Nah.
Danny Boy: When I read your original application on the forums when you joined the Boss Battles server and asked me about it I told you that it would more than likely get rejected so I gave you many tips on how you could improve it and also told you to reference the guide Jetz made and yet somehow you made it worse.
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx:
No.
0% - Denied
======================
Application:  Admin
Application: Administrator
Name: D Trix
BL_ID: 19562
Previous Experience Administrating: Cat123, Wrapperup, Effect, Ick, jockey, Cressor, Glass, ect..
Who  recommends you?: Well, I don't want to go track them all down, ofcourse  there never online, but I'de think they would reccommend me
Why  should I accept you? (Please elaborate): I am a good non abusing admin  who is active and will try to help your server in anyway possible.
Your Timezone/Region: Central
Gizmo: Get some recommendations
No
Pecon7: Listing your recommendations is a requirement, you're not allowed to say "Someone" as a recommendation.
No
Jetz: Didn't we superban Glass for threatening to destroy the server with 14 keys and evil scripting? Anyway, stop telling us you won't abuse, people. It's not something you should need to reassure us of. If you do need to reassure us, then maybe there actually is a problem.
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight: If he is admin on glass hell hole then he might fit for here. but in the past some admins on glass have been known for abuse.
Maybe.
Danny Boy: Just a complete lack of effort. This looks like something you rushed because you were forced to do it
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: "I am good at non abusing admin" ? You should be darn perfect at it!
No.
0% - Denied
======================
Application: Admin
Name: WhiteStorm
BL_ID: 20297
Previous  Experience: Danny Boy's Server Pablo's Server  Ghille's Server   Filipe1020's Server  0 0 J's Server Turnipblog's Server, Codymax's  Server  Glass's Server, Cucumber's Server, Hankyje's Server,  CookieHax/Doob10's Server, Aware's Server, BBOY's Server, Jayce's  Server, Uxie's Server.
Who recommends you?: Danny Boy, Pablo,  CodyMax, Ghille, Filipe1020, 0 0 J, Turnipblog, Glass, Cucumber,  Hankyje, CookieHax/Doob10, Aware, BBOY, Jayce, Uxie, and IkeTheGeneric.
Why  should you accept me? (Please elaborate): I am trust worthy admin, I  have much experience dealing with a large group of people, I have been  playing blockland for 3 years now so I know the game very well, I will  be able to watch over the server for long periods of time, I also have  experience dealing with these “young people” if they begin to flame or  start a uproar, I sometimes try to solve problems by not banning them  like try to settle the conversation down and just get to the bottom of  it, if it fails I will begin to threaten to ban/kick them.
Your Timezone/Region: EST
Gizmo: bubbler recommended him on the server, app seems solid
Yes
Pecon7: Acceptable overall.
Yes
Jetz: Good experience and recommendations, though barring Ike, they're exactly the same. Reasons seem alright, too. The reasons aren't flawless, but the quantity and quality of the other bits helps account for it.
Yes
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
Yes
TheBlackParrot:
No
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy: Good previous experince as well as good recommendations and like I said before you have been a great admin for me for over a year now.
Recommend
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Danny Boy:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: I've played with this guy, I personally recommend him.
Recommend
75% - Denied, likely to be reconsidered.
======================
Application:
Name: Mysteroo
BL_ID: 18923
Previous Experience Administrating: On my own server, Operation infiltration server, Jman552's, zap100, d4rkparadox, dark glow, and a few others
Who recommends you?: Jman552,  I'm assuming Lamebro and mango since they made me an admin, a handful  of people I haven't seen in months, and a few others
Why should I accept you? (Please elaborate): I  have some experience being an admin, and on my server the rules are  more strict than on most other servers, so you'll be sure that I won't  just let people do whatever they want. I don't ban, only kick, because I  want to be sure I'm not adding people to your banlist you don't want  there. I try never to be a "badmin" and to be fair to the other players  as much as possible.
Your Timezone/Region: central
Gizmo: Recommendations are uncertain, few grammer/puncuation stuff is wrong
No
Pecon7:
No
Jetz: The rules of your server are irrelevant. How can we trust you to use good judgement when you vow to avoid the difficult choice of banning people? Avoiding choice is the easy way out.
No
Spider_:
Yes/No
Frontrox:
No
TheBlackParrot:
I'd like to see more confirmed recommendations.
No.
Phantom Knight:
No
Danny Boy: You need to make sure your recommendations are confirmed. Also there are times were you are going to need to ban people and if they are doing something that is ban worthy I don't think Pecon wants them to remain off the ban list
No
NeutralZero:
Yes/No
Greek2Me:
Yes/No
Ipquarx: You need more recommendations, and allthough I appreciate the tolerance you say you have, sometimes the only way really is a ban.
No.
0% - Denied

tl;dr
Accepted: Manty & Aware
Considered: Whitestorm