Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1625716 times)

all right guys let's not derail this thread pls pls pls pls pls pls pls
Butler pls

I have a razer anansi, and it has 12 macro keys. I use about 3/4 of them

k so uh bossbattles, is there still a problem with bosses just suiciding because of minibos rushes?

k so uh bossbattles, is there still a problem with bosses just suiciding because of minibos rushes?
I believe the boss loses 1000 points if they lose the match, so no. It's the bosses problem if they want to lose more points.

I apologize for the mighty long absence from the server. I recently moved to colorado, and I'm currently apartment hunting. I will probably be able to stop by sometime next week to help with administration.

so is runner going away yet

http://www.patreon.com/pecon7

What no double jump?

How are you supposed to get away from the boss fast now?
He will always get you now due to all the classes except infiltrator being fast.

/opinion

No seriously, usually whenever I see someone play as constructor they are the first to die because they can't get away fast enough, or their sentry is nulled by Medusa's attack.

Also isn't support the Healer's Job? And if runner will cease to exist than what will be the new fast call that can get away faster? Infiltrator?

Please don't violently attack me.

What no double jump?

How are you supposed to get away from the boss fast now?
He will always get you now due to all the classes except infiltrator being fast.

/opinion
The double jump isn't the best, since it does a datablock change(in addition to other things) and has messed things up in the past countless times. It's real buggy. However someone I know has made another type of double jump and it works quite well, although I don't know when it'll be released, nor would it really redeem Runner in this case.

Rocketman, Detonator, and Firebug are able to rocket/stickyjump and jet respectively. Detonator is hardest out of those, but it's still possible. I personally think Infiltrator dies easier than the classes I listed since it only has a base movement and nothing else; predictable.

No seriously, usually whenever I see someone play as constructor they are the first to die because they can't get away fast enough, or their sentry is nulled by Medusa's attack.

Also isn't support the Healer's Job? And if runner will cease to exist than what will be the new fast call that can get away faster? Infiltrator?

Please don't violently attack me.

Constructor in my opinion needs a defense tool. Or something. The sentries are a mess for the most part, which I've spoken to Jetz about in the past. They generally need a clean up as a whole.

I don't think it would hurt too much to have another support class, but then again no one may play it at that point, because it's support. I believe the idea is that this new replacement for Runner would work together with Constructor, although I'm not sure on that.

On another note, almost no one says anything about Sniper. Sniper is even worse off than Constructor, while being able to snipe any boss to do a decent chunk of damage, the sentries have a huge blast radius, and don't need constant aiming unless the boss is at far distances. Something like a stealth tool for sniper, even if it's only 10s of being invisible would do the trick.

I'll end this with a note on Overweight: I remember talking to Jetz and that's how Overweight had a timed jump because of ModTer. What I don't know is why Overweight has increased fall damage. I don't really think it fits at all in the server. I'll take a stab and say this was because of the boss Ephialtes, because he had such a hard time with this class, so it had to be nerfed, rather than the boss buffed in a certain way. Along to go with that, for say the Bedroom, Hangar, Castles map even, the launch/jump pads are a pain to fix for Overweight, then it's still possible to accidentally kill yourself from the jumping.

Just my two cents and what I see in the server as of this moment and the past.

-giant snip-
Err...I agree. Another support class would work good with photokevv, which every round he is a normal he selects mostly Constructor, and on the less common side, Vagineer. I would like to have another support class, because there can be offense and defense mechanisms in the arena to help the normals!
That Constructor should get back is Shotgun though...
Also! A trick with the constructor and Vagineer:
When in the air (jumping is commonly good), when you use a toolkit, it will force you back. This increases your speed...if you hold jump key to get away faster.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:17:39 PM by Mr. Noobalot »

So basically Rifleman should get a Cloaking Watch that Recharges Even Slower Than Normal, Constructor Should get his shotgun back, about Overwight...uhhh..yea.

I had an idea where why not give some of the classes a running mode like the default sports player has?
That way you could try to survive at the very least.

So basically Rifleman should get a Cloaking Watch that Recharges Even Slower Than Normal
Rifleman should get a watch that always decharges, and can only recharge when not being used.

Just a little something some admins might find useful

BL ID 52400
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:04:20 PM by BreadFish »

Rifleman should get a watch that always decharges, and can only recharge when not being used.

I was sorta thinking of a watch that recharges everytime you get a shot on the boss. Say the max charge for the watch is 8 seconds, shots regenerate 0.5 of a second, and headshots regen 1 second. Of course that could be changed to what the administrators desire

I was sorta thinking of a watch that recharges everytime you get a shot on the boss. Say the max charge for the watch is 8 seconds, shots regenerate 0.5 of a second, and headshots regen 1 second. Of course that could be changed to what the administrators desire
That sounds kind of overkill, I think the watch charging when not used suonds like a great idea.

Maybe do the same for infiltrator too, he used to have an invis watch but I forgot why it was removed...

I like the idea of the watch only charging after you do damage, because if it had a base recharge per bullet that makes contact, the SMG would be the go-to for stalling rounds. The SMG can be useful at times, so perhaps the charge rate for the watch could be based on damage? If a spy gets a backstab on say Kaje, it would seem fair to at least recharge his watch, since the armor/shield has huge resistances against melee and bullets. Or in a Rifleman's case, firing off a few decent shots, using the cloak to get away, and repeating would make the Rifleman better, since it needs a buff anyhow. This would only be about a 6s stealth, so it's not going to be used for camping, or overused, ideally. I would also intend for this stealth power to be used only a few times at most in a single round, since the duration is so short and there would not be any speed increase as you're using it, preventing stalling with it, but still providing a getaway plan. I would prefer if we only use it for both the Rifleman and Infiltrator, but I don't want to have another Badspot/Ephialtes shockwave situation if this were to be implemented.

Detonator is hardest out of those, but it's still possible.

This seems to be the most unknown strategy so far to me. You shoot at the boss, when he comes after you and chases you, you spam shoot stickes and right click to get a massive backwards move boost and cause massive damage to the boss chasing you meanwhile.