CityRPG

Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81834 times)

still not enough

Advertisement blimps!

:iceCream:

That is, if it's possible to code a vehicle to have a customizable message...

what's the point of a jet anyway? the map probably won't be big enough to even turn in.

still not enough
But since it is a jet it would likely cost at least like $1,000,000.
Should take the player quite a while to reach that.
And maybe a $450,000 Turismo which will often be stolen and/or wrecked

what's the point of a jet anyway? the map probably won't be big enough to even turn in.
Status symbol.

I'd rather a helicopter than a jet. At least the helicopter would be practical.

But still, you'd need more than just one thing for rich players to sink their money into.

there should be investment options to invest in something. being able to buy other stores to control more of the land would be cool

I'd rather a helicopter than a jet. At least the helicopter would be practical.

But still, you'd need more than just one thing for rich players to sink their money into.
But there are no good civilian helicopters, mine are uggo.
And you have to remember that rich players will be popular targets for criminals. It may not be as easy to wipe your ass $100 dollar bills as you think it will be.

fair enough then

what about endgame wise, what are you putting in for the fatcats to sink their money in to? you need something otherwise weapons become the designated end game money sink, which will just cause chaos
End-game has always been the hardest part of the mod to facilitate, admittedly. I think campaigning is going to be the biggest thing for people to buy after they are successful. Since only the top 4 campaigners get shown, and it costs obscene amounts of money to really run and can quickly add up if multiple big spenders are throwing in, that's what most rich people are going to do with their money.

Since you can build on public land as a mayor, you can literally spend your money erecting statues of yourself everywhere.

Vehicles
ex: private jet. :P
This is another idea. The Private Jet has a price of $250,000 and is the only air transportation in the game. The truly mega rich will be be able to build private airports.

It's hard to come up with ideas for people to spend money on. It really is. Does anyone actually have any suggestions on something to but that does not generate profit?

To bring the subject up again...

Slave bots.

(PS: I'm pretty sure I'm contributing nothing to the thread, I can keep silent if I'm being an annoyance.)

It's hard to come up with ideas for people to spend money on. It really is. Does anyone actually have any suggestions on something to but that does not generate profit?
What about space stations? It probably can't work because you need a map with stars on the sky box in order to make it look right. I also imagine it'd be hard to justify since players wouldn't be able to see it unless they actually have a system to visit them, in which case it's still an unnecessary trip.

We are working on a spacebuild gamemode though,  who knows, we could work towards the possibility of linking it to other mods.

The only thing I can really think of, and I'm sure Phydeoux is going to love this, is super expensive bricks. Those security cameras have an extremely useful function, so they're going to cost as much as a small lot -- each.

If I can find other inventive uses for complex bricks, the reason for gaining massive capital will be to purchase these extremely cool bricks.

The only thing I can really think of, and I'm sure Phydeoux is going to love this, is super expensive bricks. Those security cameras have an extremely useful function, so they're going to cost as much as a small lot -- each.

If I can find other inventive uses for complex bricks, the reason for gaining massive capital will be to purchase extremely cool bricks.
I was just thinking about decoration bricks, stuff you'd find in a entrepreneur  mansion.

All I can think of is being able to pay the mayor pardon a criminal for some absurd amount of money, sinking cash into criminal gangs, or paying off the mayor for whatever reason.

You just need to find something that rich players can sink their cash into to actually affect the game world, something they can keep doing instead of a one time buy vehicle (which should be a helicopter not a jet)

ohh i love the idea of linking it to nitramtj's spacebuild gamemode, that'd definitely be a first mod-wise. reminds me of a game i used to play called the universal, you'd go to planets and basically play a cityrpg like game, convert your money into space credits at a space port, and then be able to use your space credits to do various things in space. that's definitely a winner of an idea if you want to take the end game emphasis off crime and weapons.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:57:32 PM by Böltster »

Personal Safes could be costly, depending on how hard it is for a criminal to break into.
I may even be able to come up with a brick for it too, and it would act like Siba's Single Chest
I could probably come up with 3 different size safes. Small, Medium, and Large, each one more costly, harder to break into, and fits more stuff than the last.

But should probably think about things that aren't paid for all at once. Something that the player would have to pay on a weekly basis in order to keep it.

Personal Safes could be costly, depending on how hard it is for a criminal to break into.
I may even be able to come up with a brick for it too, and it would act like Siba's Single Chest
I could probably come up with 3 different size safes. Small, Medium, and Large, each one more costly, harder to break into, and fits more stuff than the last.

But should probably think about things that aren't paid for all at once. Something that the player would have to pay on a weekly basis in order to keep it.

I would want a one time bigger payment

We are working on a spacebuild gamemode though,  who knows, we could work towards the possibility of linking it to other mods.
Seriously, run with this idea

cross-server funds and gameplay, that would be loving awesome