Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 80268 times)

Some of Brian's ideas like the public lots have merit. Players might want to pool in money for a single business, but also retain the ability to make their own private lots later.

In order to make corporate identities I would have to make a paralleled profile system and it just doesn't seem worth it.

Quote from: Qore
Corporate bigwigs could pay for a private jet ride to an island or something, to talk privately with the other fat cats...
And doing things that would be seen as immoral and illegal back in the city.

I very much like this idea.

Airport teledoors that charge a lot of money. Nothing happens if you have insufficient funds. Teledoor back from the island costs nothing, as you pay for a 2-way ticket.

Not very hard :)

In order to make corporate identities I would have to make a paralleled profile system and it just doesn't seem worth it.
So basically you're forcing people to somehow do a one-business or one-job living. Wouldn't having businesses with delegated jobs seem more realistic?

For example, you might have a person with lots of money but not much building skill. He wants to hire some people to build buildings for him. However, he doesn't want this guy to mess with his other lots. Using the current system and assuming that buildings take a while to complete, the builder might mess with his customer's other buildings.

Although this is technically countered by hiring trustworthy people, this prevents people from selling their skills at building as strangers may not trust them to not touch any other building owned by the customer.

There are no businesses. Don't shun the system like I half-assed a corporation into existence. The fact is, there are still jobs. Everyone has a job. Factory Owner is just another job that happens to interact with a bunch of other jobs.

Corporate Entities do not exist. There is the employer, and his free-lance laborers. What you are talking about is not an improvement, it is a complete and total system redesign.

Quote from: CityRPG
This is different now. Vehicle spawns are free, but to get a vehicle you have to buy it from a Shopkeeper.

So, what if I make a large-ish lot and create a (very ugly) building out of vehicle spawns?

So, what if I make a large-ish lot and create a (very ugly) building out of vehicle spawns?
Then it gets destroyed

What about achievements? That might help a little in the end game.

What about achievements? That might help a little in the end game.
Achievements are something I dream about. I have an idea for how the mod will work and will not be a core component of CityRPG. It's just a fantasy of mine.

Achievements are something I dream about. I have an idea for how the mod will work and will not be a core component of CityRPG. It's just a fantasy of mine.
They are a pretty easy thing to do lol.

They are a pretty easy thing to do lol.
I'm talking about doing it right.