Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 80233 times)

Long, long overdue bug fixes:

1. Removed Kill Icons ousting murderers from chat.
2. The dead can no longer talk (connecting clients still can).
3. Added a cool "fade to black" feature upon death to further help prevent meta-gaming that will reveal stealthy murderers unfairly.
Oooh very, very nice.

"You feel so cold"
Lol.
What are the consequences of dieing?

"You feel so cold"
Lol.
What are the consequences of dieing?

Loss of money on hand
Loss of items on hand
________ to be inserted later

Necrophilia, probably.

I don't want to make death too terrible because death isn't always something someone deserves.

I don't want to make death too terrible because death isn't always something someone deserves.
Ambulances.

huh. I wonder if corpses can go back to normal.

When the player dies their position and inventory is saved temporarily for a certain amount of time. if another player uses the defibrillator item within a small radius of where that person died then they are "respawned" at that spot with their inventory. If not then their inventory drops all over the ground and they respawn normally.

When the player dies their position and inventory is saved temporarily for a certain amount of time. if another player uses the defibrillator item within a small radius of where that person died then they are "respawned" at that spot with their inventory. If not then their inventory drops all over the ground and they respawn normally.
What if there was a job like a paramedic that does just that, complete with ambulance. the whole Defibrillator thing could be their job. Maybe they get an alert when someone dies stating the players name and when they get within range of the fallen body they get a message letting them know that they can revive them.
Criminals should not alert the paramedics when they die, however.
And if it was a stealth kill, then it doesn't alert them either.

You could also add arson to the criminals abilities, then add a firefighter to stop builds from burning.
Arson wouldn't completely destroy large bricks, and maybe it doesn't even destroy them. maybe it just changes the color and and adds a flame that only can be put out by firefighter with a hose item.

I'm just throwing ideas around.

What if there was a job like a paramedic that does just that, complete with ambulance. the whole Defibrillator thing could be their job. Maybe they get an alert when someone dies stating the players name and when they get within range of the fallen body they get a message letting them know that they can revive them.
Criminals should not alert the paramedics when they die, however.
And if it was a stealth kill, then it doesn't alert them either.
Possibly. I could do this, but only after I make some sort of compass/map/gps type thing. I've had plans for this but don't have the time right now.

You could also add arson to the criminals abilities, then add a firefighter to stop builds from burning.
Arson wouldn't completely destroy large bricks, and maybe it doesn't even destroy them. maybe it just changes the color and and adds a flame that only can be put out by firefighter with a hose item.

I'm just throwing ideas around.
I've wanted to add in Arson ever since my house burned down. It just seems like a cool idea.

The only problem is, I do not like the idea of destroying builds. I just don't. CityRPG already needs to encourage building and better builds far, far more than it does right now.

I would hate to come onto the server to find that my shop burned down. Maybe they have to be online to ignIte it?

I would hate to come onto the server to find that my shop burned down. Maybe they have to be online to ignIte it?
If I was going to include arson, it would have to meet the following qualifiers:

1. Arsonist would have to remain online. Logging off would end the fire.
2. Property Owner would need to be online when it starts.
3. Property Owner would get an immediate call, and possibly system-wide message.
4. The arson would be a blatant crime, meaning old-style instant demerits.
5. There would need to be a method to put it out.
6. Water Sprinkler Bricks would need to exist for purchase for damage-control.

I like the idea of destroying competition through crime, I just hate the idea of destroying builds. They're art -- you can't destroy art.

I just had an idea that adds new things to: Mayors, Police, Criminals, and Education. Plus another job!

So, Mayors have to expand the city, but thats not it. Usually they also fund school houses and libraries. So maybe they can also buy school houses and libraries to the city. Education can only be expanded when they are a school. Libraries increase the quality of studying, causing the ticks for education to go faster. These City bought buildings are automatically built, not hand made. So if lets say a good criminal comes by and has paint, they can paint on the walls, which cleanliness of the building. If it's too low (the cleanliness), then no one wants to go there, and it's as good as nothing. If for say, someone shoots a window out, then the health goes down, if it's too low, the building falls apart. any criminal caught doing this is a criminal and has to go to jail. If someone deals the fatal blow that knocks a building down, then they get double the demerits and the amount of people who can detect the building being destroyed is larger.

Another job can be an educator, whom can create schools and libraries. These schools/libraries cost a lot of money, but can't be destroyed by Arson. Though as time goes on it also gets damaged by people.

The damage/dirtiness can be decreased by buying people to fix/clean it. So every so often you have to clean it by paying lets say 5000$. This is just an idea though.

Hey, Brian inspired a good idea. Let me tear yours a new starfish first, though. (It's just how I show I care.)

So, Mayors have to expand the city, but thats not it. Usually they also fund school houses and libraries. So maybe they can also buy school houses and libraries to the city. Education can only be expanded when they are a school. Libraries increase the quality of studying, causing the ticks for education to go faster.
What can I say? I like that idea. Mayors can fund the education system to pump out more people needed for higher-end jobs. Even Cops need an education of 1.

These City bought buildings are automatically built, not hand made.
No.

So if lets say a good criminal comes by and has paint, they can paint on the walls, which cleanliness of the building. If it's too low (the cleanliness), then no one wants to go there, and it's as good as nothing. If for say, someone shoots a window out, then the health goes down, if it's too low, the building falls apart. any criminal caught doing this is a criminal and has to go to jail. If someone deals the fatal blow that knocks a building down, then they get double the demerits and the amount of people who can detect the building being destroyed is larger.
What the forget? I've never heard of a mafia group that runs around terrorizing schools because they really hate books. And wtf is a "good criminal"?

I mean, I saw the direction you were going with this, and it was a nice idea, but then you just ruin it by trying to make it some big huge glorious thing instead of just something a mayor can sign into law or adjust a slider for to appropriate more funds.

Another job can be an educator, whom can create schools and libraries.
I could add a system that lets people spend time together (perhaps students) that passively increases the rate of learning by both.

These schools/libraries cost a lot of money, but can't be destroyed by Arson. Though as time goes on it also gets damaged by people.

The damage/dirtiness can be decreased by buying people to fix/clean it. So every so often you have to clean it by paying lets say 5000$. This is just an idea though.
See, then you go back to over-complicating things.

I like the idea of he Government funding the education system to further produce a more competent workforce. That's how it works in the real life and contributes to gameplay whilst furthering the dilemma of what the mayor should spend money on. That's a good idea.