Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 81846 times)

Your ideas for Arson are good, but how about things just catch on fire, and colliding with the bricks that are on fire burn you? That way you can't greif builds and burn them down, your home or store being burned would be dangerous to enter when the fire spreads.

EDIT: For example, someone sets your shop on fire. It's not going to burn down and destroy bricks. Say the floor catches fire, it burns, and you cannot touch it without being injured. The fire will spread and soon you cannot even open the door without setting fire to yourself. You will lose customers because your shop will become a death trap until the fire is put out.
I like that idea. It'd take a little bit of code, but it could work and serve the purpose intended beautifully.

I also found this really cool server status script I made, lol.

I'm going to be Jennifer the Asain schoolgirl Arsonist when this is finished

Here's the town so far. Middle is town hall, far left is police, and far right is the clinic.

Looks much better in-game, so don't call it bad, even if you are going to.

They're all colored the same. Make the clinic bright white and red, made the PD gray and blue.

They're all colored the same. Make the clinic bright white and red, made the PD gray and blue.
The style I built them in doesn't allow much of a color variation, but I guess I'll try.

Scratch that, it won't work whatsoever. Unless you want creepy buildings that don't coincide on the color wheel, brown is the most soothing "city" color I can find.

Smaller buildings, and modern buildings, are capable of holding various colors. These buildings are made off of bricked, 20th century styled models. They're still accepted in the modern world, and are adapted into buildings such as the police station.

By moving them to various regions in the town, separate from one another, they'll look less cookie cutter and more civic. So, if you want them moved, I can do that as well.

Police Department structures and Hospitals are rarely soothing colors. They are noticeable.

Police Department structures and Hospitals are rarely soothing colors. They are noticeable.
Most of the civic buildings I've constructed, and have seen in real life, have been made with a certain shade of brown.

Hospitals are grey, police stations are various mixtures of brown.

Most of the civic buildings I've constructed, and have seen in real life, have been made with a certain shade of brown.

Hospitals are grey, police stations are various mixtures of brown.
I can take a picture of all the buildings in the area for you. The City Hall is white and brown and red, the Sacred Heart Hospital is bright white with purple accents, and the police station is 2 stories and made of concrete.

My town hall is a 2 story building that looks like someone took a stuff, and it was made. I hate it.
My library is eh. Though the middle school in my area was a really old church, and it's so beautiful. Though now i go to the crumby high school stuff.

Though I don't think that there should only be 1 look of the city. Maybe the mayor can select a colorsheme/style for the city buildings, and then they all change to that style/colorsheme.

I can take a picture of all the buildings in the area for you. The City Hall is white and brown and red, the Sacred Heart Hospital is bright white with purple accents, and the police station is 2 stories and made of concrete.

tada!