Cube world (Too lazy to update so i put in links for forums)

Poll

is this game fuckin epic?

yes
28 (8.9%)
yes
9 (2.9%)
yes
11 (3.5%)
yes
12 (3.8%)
forget ues
254 (80.9%)

Total Members Voted: 314

Author Topic: Cube world (Too lazy to update so i put in links for forums)  (Read 156552 times)

God, the feeling you get from completing a difficult dungeon (with an Undead Ranger boss) alone in this game is amazing, especially since I went to level 5 without finding anything besides boots I could wear and then coming out fully armored and feeling invincible. (of course that feeling would probably change if I decided to fight an Ogre or something)

Server still up, when people leave it crashes. Buggy netcode.

Im the only one in the server.

God, the feeling you get from completing a difficult dungeon (with an Undead Ranger boss) alone in this game is amazing, especially since I went to level 5 without finding anything besides boots I could wear and then coming out fully armored and feeling invincible. (of course that feeling would probably change if I decided to fight an Ogre or something)
nice
Im the only one in the server.
it does that if it crashes or closes. you just play on the world alone.
joining a server downloads the server's word, or something. still haven't quite figured it out.

i'll probably join hiiro's server. not sure if i'll start a new character or not...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:44:11 AM by auzman466 »

Anyone wanna buy me a game key :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:49:06 AM by Brian Smithers »

Anyone interested in playing with me after 4:00 tomorrow?

Anyone wanna buy me a game key :D
Its 15€, get it yourself.

Anyone interested in playing with me after 4:00 tomorrow?
maybe, if i'm awake by then

Once the netcode is stable and it doesn't crash whenever someone leaves I'll be hosting 100% of my playing time. Which will likely be a lot in the coming weeks. So we'll almost always have a decent server up.

Anyone hosting right now? I can host a server if not.

Edit: Hosting on 92.237.59.128 if anyone wants to join

Edit: Done hosting for now
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:41:36 AM by Tokthree »

Anyone hosting right now? I can host a server if not.

Edit: Hosting on 92.237.59.128 if anyone want's to join
I would if I could m8.

Night all.

This game consists of getting raped by vegetables and grinding harder than a $5 hooker during happy hour.
...and I love it.

I have a level 11 guardian and a level 9 Mage. So far the most powerful one is my Guardian because of how much initial damage she can do. The mage is similar but his ranged attacks are pretty much a lot slower. I have been grinding non-stop since 4:45 this morning. (they were new characters)

Also this game needs a fast travel system

Days/Nights need to be shorter or able to be sped up quicker by using the bed. (I know the bed already does that, but it needs to do it way faster)

There is a bug where you kill a boss monster and it doesn't register in the system. Therefore no Platinum coins and a mediocre amount of experience for spending 30+ minutes on an angry dwarf woman with an over-sized kitchen knife.

Flys make really gross pets. Give them a fruit basket and emulate Lord of the Flies.

Another Bug is where you stand next to an item on the ground, and its rotating picture will overtake all the descriptions in your menus.

Also I found an Apple Slice and I want a pet crocodile
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:33:26 AM by Tayasaurus »

Man I really want to love this game because it does so many things right but the core elements (mainly leveling) suck. Is there a change log I could follow to see if some of things I don't like are changed? Something more detailed than this: http://cubeworld-games.com/changelog/

Edit: Wait wait wait. I think I figured this game out. People who have played multiplayer. What happens when several people are attacking a single monster and it's killed? Who gets the exp? Is there a exp multiplier? Are the monsters harder? Are there more monsters?

I'm reading 4chan /vg/ threads and I'm seeing a lot of people posting about being low level, joining some MP server, and getting +10 levels for doing nothing. What's that all about?

Enemies also level with you with you. Some people have been easily killed by some enemies even though they had thousands of health. I'm not sure I like that so much.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:28:54 AM by Demian »