Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 434631 times)

Impossible because they are just images.
My point is asking how I...

Nevermind.

Not attatched to the skybox.

Kompressor, question, will we be able to adjust how sharp/blurry the shadows are.  Like, a slider that allows you to set the detail or blurry amount.

So far all we've gotten is DOF's, so I would like to know for sure.

Kompressor, question, will we be able to adjust how sharp/blurry the shadows are.  Like, a slider that allows you to set the detail or blurry amount.

So far all we've gotten is DOF's, so I would like to know for sure.

Can you give an example of a game which does this?

I would faint in my seat if the update came in the next few days. Not nearly ready for it ;~;.

Yeah true...

Can't deny it'd be neat though.

Yeah true...

Can't deny it'd be neat though.

So would realtime global illumination on a netbook. :(

A lot of games?
Blockland currently has settings for player shadow's to adjust the quality. GTA IV has settings to adjust shadow quality too. The highest setting makes the shadow's edges sharper, and the lowest settings makes the edges pixelated.

shadows are awsome.
I hope the update comes tomrrow.

In Source the shadow diffuse from the sun can be set before the map is complied and lit. From what I understand, your Blockland shadows are rendered in real time, so it may be possible.

http://www.nodraw.net/2011/01/sunspreadangle/

A lot of games?
Blockland currently has settings for player shadow's to adjust the quality. GTA IV has settings to adjust shadow quality too. The highest setting makes the shadow's edges sharper, and the lowest settings makes the edges pixelated.

That is a quality setting, it runs faster and looks worse at low quality, runs slower and looks better at high quality.

In other words, you can trade correctness for speed. We will have this setting, it is important for people with slower systems.

However we are not going to support tunable soft shadows (where they run at same speed/quality but the look can be tweaked).