Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430182 times)

Will the bedroom/kitchen saves still be there?

Yes, there will be a way to bring them over. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:21:35 PM by kompressor »

Will the bedroom/kitchen saves still be there?

I never heard of any kitchen saves?

But bedroom save will STILL be there.

Okay, one last thing (I promise).

I'm assuming that you're just going to remove any code related to the following, essentially removing these elements from the game:

If that's the case, what sort of object will the floor of the new maps be? Will there be any sort of scripting accommodations, or will this class be locked to prevent meddling?

Don't know yet. Possibly custom object. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:23:39 PM by kompressor »

Yes, there will be a way to bring them over. -- kompressor
What's the point if they're not even available?

To let you bring cool builds like beta city over? -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:24:04 PM by kompressor »

I never heard of any kitchen saves?

But bedroom save will STILL be there.

Don't break tables plz. PS that's a cool aquarium. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:24:51 PM by kompressor »

I mean Kitchen but in bricks.
I am talking about the brick saves in the kitchen MAP

I am talking about the brick saves in the kitchen MAP

There will be a way to load them even though kitchen/bedroom will be gone.

ah well.

I hope in the future, terrain maps would be a comeback compatible with the shaders and such.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:29:09 PM by MrLoL »

ah well.

I hope in the future, terrain maps would be a comeback compatible with the shaders and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6a5qEe7WyQ

I like how you tell of kompressor in this video

I would only see that as a far future goal. Right now I see them wanting to improve upon and max out what bricks can do. Eventually if a new mechanic is discover that would support that, I wouldn't doubt adding it back in would be shoved aside. Right now it prove inefficient and in the way for future updates. Remaking it to WORK with updates in the future would be a good "end-dev" project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6a5qEe7WyQ

I like how you tell of kompressor in this video

That is a good video. But all the good parts in it are the people, vehicle and builds. I think most of the other stuff would look as good or better not being interiors/terrains. Also static DTSes will stick around for now.

Will the removal of terrain and interiors from Blockland affect the development of Age of Time as well?

No. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:34:56 PM by kompressor »

This is cool but lets say you made a box. Inside this box would it be pitch black even if the map was in daylight?

There is still some ambient lighting. Look at the screenshots. Shadows are not pure black. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:35:18 PM by kompressor »