Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425192 times)

As asked before, how will we use Skis without terrain? Slope bricks don't usually work very well with Skis, not to mention Skis have always been buggy in general. Maybe if that's all solved, someone could build a replica of Slopes and get it included as default should it be good enough? Obviously I'm not good enough to do it, but... You know.
Skiis are a vehicle. The vehicle system is pretty bad, hence why there is a 20 vehicle limit on servers.

The next update after this (and I'm calling it) will be a replacement of the vehicle system with brick-built vehicles.

These shadows are cool but I'd much rather have maps than shadows to be quite honest.
This update will make me sad. :(

Would there be an option to have the shadows with just player made lights (like bricks and stuff) Or will it be the entire package?

*screams*
AMAZING WORK
*claps*

After this is complete and optimized, will there be a list of recommended system specs?

Page-loss, again.

This is going to give me way more incentive to build some cool stuff, I'll tell you that.

Skiis are a vehicle. The vehicle system is pretty bad, hence why there is a 20 vehicle limit on servers.

The next update after this (and I'm calling it) will be a replacement of the vehicle system with brick-built vehicles.
oh god if this happens. Blockland all day ery day.

It looks nice and all but...
DO NOT WANT D:

Wow, this will change BLOCKLAND forever! I can't wait to see this run.

You guys NEED to keep in terrain.
NEED!

It will cause so many problems if you delete them!
It's extremely difficult to make precise angles and other terrain-y stuff out of BRICKS.

I'll miss using skis and driving vehicles won't seem to be as fun as they used to without maps, however I really think Blockland needs something like this, people have been wanting better lightning for a long while now (Me included) and I look forward to it :)

Hey, what will happen to Physics? Would shadows and shaders work with fakekilled bricks?