Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425206 times)

Oh no guys the Family RPs will never be the same! Family RPers can't handle the brick built bedroom

After this is complete and optimized, will there be a list of recommended system specs?

One last time...

He's already explained that a $20 GFX card can run the game fine even with the update. You can disable shaders if your computer runs too slow.
It's not all video cards, in case you havnt noticed...
My computer has a pentium 4 processor, and guess what.
ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE IT WITHOUT BUYING A NEW COMPUTER.
it CANNOT run an entire map made out of bricks, let alone run many servers at over 12 fps!

The only thing that I'll miss is the slopes map. But the stuff I'll enjoy more will outweigh that fact..

Also, are the shadows going to be real time, or rendered by a command or every few minutes?

I don't see why you guys just build the game on a new engine
torque has been dead for a century and a half
if you guys tried UDK or hell even Unity you could have better shaders, shadows, physics, maybe even an actual health bar and ammo counter.
not sure about your own optimized BLB format but who knows

You guys can't figure out a way to upgrade the physics on vehicles?

roblox 2.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pqKfPl4Azg
all slate, no terrain :(

new bricks "textures"?
hi roblox.
Holy stuff that guy is walking over a destroyed bric-oh wait that's ROBLOX, not Blockland.

Anyway, I don't know much about ROBLOX, and didn't intend to suggest we should intentionally copy them. I still think full scale bedroom and kitchen builds would be great for replacing the interior ones, though.

There's already a brick Bedroom made by Zor.
I am aware, but it just feels so dull without the rest of the house and terrain.

It's not all video cards, in case you havnt noticed...
My computer has a pentium 4 processor, and guess what.
ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE IT WITHOUT BUYING A NEW COMPUTER.
it CANNOT run an entire map made out of bricks, let alone run many servers at over 12 fps!
that's what you get for being a cheap bastard

Are the shadows generated in real-time? Do they affect everything (players, vehicles, particles, etc)?

Are the shadows dependent on the "sun" object in the mission editor? Can it be moved in real-time? Can the hue of it be altered?

How well does it handle transparency?

that's what you get for being a cheap bastard
Cheap or poor?
Don't judge that.

If the shadows are generated in real-time, wouldn't loading builds be hectic?

And to think I'd given up on you two. Brilliant job.
Also, a big finger to GSF Ghost, which I appreciate immensely.

E: Posting here makes me feel gross, like I've stepped in mud or something.