Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425308 times)

Phy has a very good point about building.. "That game where you build stuff." is the whole meaning of this game. To create, design, imagine, and maps kind of take away that creativity.

Now heres a crazy thought but.

Would it be possible to make a Bedroom Brick?
Like the map bed room and the house into a spawn able brick that you could put on a map like slate?

Aghh its so far out but i thought i would tell my mind..

Phy has a very good point about building.. "That game where you build stuff." is the whole meaning of this game. To create, design, imagine, and maps kind of take away that creativity.
no they don't. those who are creative were already creative

A ~8,000 polygon brick...

Challenge Accepted.

no they don't. those who are creative were already creative
And those who weren't creative have a chance of being creative..?

true creativity doesn't work like that.

You are right, it's just I will miss interiors like the bedroom because I "Build stuff" in them :c I guess I will like the new shadows.

true creativity doesn't work like that.
It can if you have an open mind, unfortunately most kids do not.

However, builders don't have the experience of problem-solving building.

I'm fine with interiors being removed because they're used to replace bricks, but what about builds where the builder challenges him/herself to build to fit an interior map? Challenging yourself to build something as a foundation for another build isn't the same.
those who weren't creative won't be creative anywyas, they still have the same opportunities without this update.

OH forget I NEED A GIANT-ASS TISSUE RIGHT NOW.

Like the map bed room and the house into a spawn able brick that you could put on a map like slate?

What color would you paint it?

Commission full scale brick based versions of the bedroom and kitchen and include them with the update. Then updates down the line you could throw in a fancier brick texturing system and it would be like they never left and instead got much prettier.

Place temp brick
Alt
hold 8
hold ENTER

infinite bedrooms

What will happen to build built on the bed of Bedroom and on the hill of slopes.
Those will float now. Or will there be something tha puts them down.

Would it really be that hard to separate the current version from the up coming version? I mean pretty much separateing blockland into 2 games?

Bedroom and kitchen as all one brick is a terrible idea. What would happen when you paint it? What would happen when people with lousy computers try to place the ghost brick? What if you wanted to remove the dresser and lamp?

It would be a far better idea to have a bedroom and kitchen replica build, not brick.