Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430101 times)

Kompressor, the shadows in the pictures on the main post are slightly blurred (not the out of focus areas) yet on Jirue's save's shadows look like they form sharp lines, why is this?

Because shadowmapping is an approximation not an exact solution. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:51:12 PM by kompressor »

Can not wait for v21 :D
P'S how do you know i LOVE rage comics?!

So, will all the saves on BL be moved to Slate, or will it be left how it is?

So, will all the saves on BL be moved to Slate, or will it be left how it is?
You can load stuff from other maps on slate, or simply copy the contents of each of the save folders.

Holy crap they just deleted an entire page

Holy crap they just deleted an entire page

Quote from OP:

I will be moderating this thread aggressively to keep the discussion on track.

Quote from OP:

I will be moderating this thread aggressively to keep the discussion on track.

Lots of work to be done.

I highly support this, not that it matters, it will be implemented weather I like it or not.

Kom, could you please review my post at the top of the last page?

Kom, could you please review my post at the top of the last page?

I give it one thumb up. Not great for kids but OK for its niche.

I give it one thumb up. Not great for kids but OK for its niche.
Glad to know my input is being read.  Thanks.

Will global lighting affect enclosed areas? Because I build a box, and it's usually still bright inside, as on the outside. Will the shadow system fix this?

Will global lighting affect enclosed areas? Because I build a box, and it's usually still bright inside, as on the outside. Will the shadow system fix this?

Bricks will cast shadows.

So there will only be one "level" of darkness, an abrupt line drawn between the brightness outside and the darkness inside? Still very cool though.

Will brick lights work better in the update too, or will they still be visible on the backside of bricks the light only hours from the front?
Question remains unanswered except for Kom saying it could be possible once the initial v21 update is released.