Author Topic: Blockland: Source  (Read 2731 times)

I read the topic friend. It's a pretentious forgetface bragging about things he hasn't done yet. It's destined to fail.
Tis a joke hun

I read the topic friend. It's a pretentious forgetface bragging about things he hasn't done yet. It's destined to fail.
read erry post plz

the jerks wanted a cloud rendering system where all our comps would run the games remotely then we would play back the game itself as a streaming video over the net.

terrible idea considering in reality, that would require way way WAY more data to be sent and received then how games are done now.
and why the forget would i want to run my hardware hard just so some poor kid on the net can play a game in higher settings lol

Oh god, I remember all of this.  Does the thread still exist?

I remember reading the post way back when I was new. I decided to look at the oldest page of topics or some stuff and stumbled upon it.

Here's a topic and and awesome post:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=38998

Yesterday I had a nice long chat with him about Project A. Turns out he's 15, Sigfig (their only coder who has to re-write the Source engine networking and rendering) is 14. You can see clearly why this will never ever work.

Their master plan is to establish a network of computers which will give the processing power of a supercomputer. The server will then pump details out to this network where the details will be processed, rendered, and all the users will then be sent the rendering. So they're planning to download 1024x768 high-res images at a rate of about 40 per second (for a decent framerate).

I really can't see how anyone could ever take this seriously now.

EDIT:  GUYS.  RIGHT HERE

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=36458.0

I'd put this as my sig quote but I just recently acquired a new one...

Hm, yeah, this is better.

Oh forget it was a parody. I'M SORRY FOR FAILURE.

My words were true though. Don't be a pretentious stuff.

Project A sounds familiar? 

those topics block linked were hilarious

Buhahahahah, that's classic. Excellent work Swholli.

Here, I'll try to get anyone who doesn't understand anything here up to speed.
A 19 year old alcoholic who currently goes by the name Hostile stirred up lulz between the two blockland communities about 4 years ago. He was an amazing builder on RTB and back in that timeframe most RTBers had cold hatred towards the people of retail. Eventually, he causes This after some discussion with his peers.

A little after the due date for the challenge, he releases this thread, a spiritual successor.

What happen?
  • RTB kids plan to make new blockland game on HL2 in the same time as this drama. They have internal conflict and abandon the project, Vyper144 bans some people, etc etc
  • Probuilder eventually tunes out but still plays rtb infrequently

lol
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:12:03 AM by FadedGlory »

Read the title and went HMMMM, saw Swholli and then realized how funny this is. I suppose you really need to be an old cigarette to understand.

Read the title and went HMMMM, saw Swholli and then realized how funny this is. I suppose you really need to be an old cigarette to understand.

Pinking fgt

Oh forget it was a parody. I'M SORRY FOR FAILURE.

My words were true though. Don't be a pretentious stuff.